|Feb 5, 2013, 09:04 AM||#1|
Connecting 2 monitors to 2 computers
To use a dual display on one computer and be able to switch to a dual display on second computer. Maintain maximum resolution on both displays. Note that one computer with OSX and the other with Bootcamp/Windows 7.
2 Apple 20" Cinema Displays, DVI, 1680x1050, Model A1081
Mac Mini, Mid 2011, HDMI, Thunderbolt, OSX 10.8.2
Macbook Pro (MBP), 13", Mid 2010, Mini DisplayPort, Bootcamp Windows 7
Various DVI, HDMI, and Mini DisplayPort adaptors
Ideas attempted without success:
1. Daisy chain monitors with USB connections and switch one display plug/adapter between computers.
2. Target drive the MBP, connect computers with firewire and boot from Mac Mini. Mac Mini will display MBP windows drive partition on start up but will not boot from it.
1. Is either idea above viable and I am doing it incorrectly?
2. Purchase a switching devices that will also share the keyboard, sound and mouse? Any device recommendations?
3. If this is not possible with my current equipment, what upgrade path should I follow that would be cost efficient to reach my goal?
Thanks for any help.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|switch b/t 2 computers & dual monitors||ambientexposure||Mac Peripherals||2||May 28, 2014 10:27 PM|
|Connecting monitors to Mac Mini (2012)||Rogzilla||Mac mini||9||Apr 25, 2014 05:17 PM|
|Connecting mac and pc to dual monitors||minneola24||MacBook Pro||1||Oct 30, 2013 08:40 AM|
|airport not connecting on 2 out of 3 computers||wildernessbob||Mac Peripherals||0||May 8, 2013 12:23 AM|
|Connecting two computers to one TB display||gadgetgirl85||Mac Peripherals||16||May 5, 2013 06:44 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.