Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:16 AM   #1
Pets73
macrumors newbie

looking for masking / part animation/part still effect

Are you familiar with those iphone apps like Cinemagram and Kinotopic where you can take a video, take a still frame from it but then animate part of the frame back into a video by drawing a mask over where you want to animate.
Can I do this inside any editing software? I've got imovie and final cut...Cinemagram and the other apps that do this don't let me export to my hard drive! So I want to take my clips and muck around with them using the capability that Cinemagram has, but with more use at the end of it.

I then want to take several of these clips and arrange them on one screen. How do I do that? I don't really want a neat grid of video clips, I'd like more of a blurredness between the borders of each video clip, but is that possible??

Thanks to anyone who can help me on this! I've googled and can find nothing.
Pets73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:00 AM   #2
boch82
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pets73 View Post
Are you familiar with those iphone apps like Cinemagram and Kinotopic where you can take a video, take a still frame from it but then animate part of the frame back into a video by drawing a mask over where you want to animate.
Can I do this inside any editing software? I've got imovie and final cut...Cinemagram and the other apps that do this don't let me export to my hard drive! So I want to take my clips and muck around with them using the capability that Cinemagram has, but with more use at the end of it.

I then want to take several of these clips and arrange them on one screen. How do I do that? I don't really want a neat grid of video clips, I'd like more of a blurredness between the borders of each video clip, but is that possible??

Thanks to anyone who can help me on this! I've googled and can find nothing.
you need a compositing program like After Effects.....its not a quick or simple process and will probably have a very steep learning curve if you are not familiar with the program.
boch82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video