Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:35 AM   #1
Supermacguy
macrumors regular

Mounting servers opens lots of windows

How can I stop this behavior? At work I have to mount about 10 server volumes every day. When they show up on the desktop, each volume opens a new window, so I instantly get 10 new windows and I have to close them all (which is easy with command option W). But it's not just me, the other 500 Mac users have this and some are asking me how to stop it. Any suggestions?

Here's our process: Use command-K to connect to server. Type in server address or select from favorites (usually AFP or SMB volumes on Win servers). Select volumes from the next window that opens. Volumes mount on desktop, most people do show mounted volumes in Finder prefs.

Thanks, Chris

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion