Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Possibly the #1 reason to JB right now, IMO, is to switch from Apples cruddy Maps app to Google Maps, which is light years more accurate.

Does MapsOpener work with the evasi0n Jailbreak on 6.1?

I suspect that next to SBSettings, this could be one of the most popular JB tweaks soon.

Anyone try it yet?

d0c

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
Browser Changer has an option for the same feature which I can confirm is working.

Two tweaks in one

d0c

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
It works in certain situations. when using yelp ( which i use constantly) it defaults to apple maps still :/

Hmmm.. In yelp it's not so much a "link" but rather a button to open in the map app. Hopefully someone will address this

locoboi187

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2012
Browser Changer has an option for the same feature which I can confirm is working.

Two tweaks in one

it crashes my phone to safe mode when i hit "search web" from spotlight

Edit: this is in regards to browser changer

Last edited:

rivryan

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
doesnt work for my iphone 5 6.1 =\ when i google search something and click "directions" it just opens links to a "download google maps page"...and yes i have gmaps on my homescreen..

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
After installing it how do I use it?

Thanks

Edit:
I just tried a link. It opens Google maps but doesn't insert the address or search for it?
Am I missing something?

rivryan

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
You guys talking about maps opener or browser changer?

i actually have both installed...but even having one or the other the issue is still the same. It doesn't really open up into the maps app after clicking "directions" online

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I clicked on an address in mail, and it opened Google Maps, but it didn't load the address. Kind of pointless.

cm3

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
MapsOpener

I have an iPhone 4s, and it works except, when I click on an address and it pulls up in Google Maps, I have no way to start navigation.

Come to find out, it's because it's not actually using "My Location".

So, I have to click Preview, then select the from address and change it to "My Location" and then I can start navigation.

I really hope there will be a fix for this.

curiousgg

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2010
Has anyone figured out how to get google maps to OPEN to the address linked rather than just open?

kirb

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2013
Australia
I'm the developer of MapsOpener. My apologies to anyone whose device it's not working on; there's an extremely strange issue that's only happening on some devices. We're investigating this and it should be fixed within a few days.

In the meantime you can downgrade to this 1.1-1 deb for a not-as-broken version (sometimes Apple Maps will be opened instead of Google Maps).

cm3

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
I'm the developer of MapsOpener. My apologies to anyone whose device it's not working on; there's an extremely strange issue that's only happening on some devices. We're investigating this and it should be fixed within a few days.

In the meantime you can downgrade to this 1.1-1 deb for a not-as-broken version (sometimes Apple Maps will be opened instead of Google Maps).

Thanks kirb for the reply!

I looked at the status page, and it doesn't say anything about the issue I am having as far as it not starting up with "My Location". Is this a known issue? Is this being looked at do you know?

Thanks for a great tweak!!!!

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010

Hi there. Any update? Just installed off Cydia and still only opens Google Maps and does nothing else.

I will also reach out via twitter.

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
My issue with GM Not opening properly when clicking an address on a calendar event has been fixed. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.