Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blakintosh

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Hello,

Ok so I have activated the 'resume' function in ML just as it worked in Lion. The thing is that when I quit Safari or TextEdit with something open and reopen it again it will remember the tabs or the open document (on TextEdit) but when I open the app when pressing the SHIFT key, on TextEdit it forgets about the last session (as it should, this is how it worked on Lion) but with Safari the app only forgets the previous window arrangement but remembers the tabs (that is, it forgets if it was full screen or not, position of window etc) but reopens everything. The thing is that this only happens on ML and not in Lion, in Lion Safari forgets everything when opened with the shift key. Is this a bug? Can anybody reproduce this? I really liked this feature on opening an app while pressing the shift key to start anew (without the last tabs). I really like resume feature so disabling it is not an option.

I have the close windows when quitting an application on the general system preferences unchecked.

I've done more testing with other apps and safari is the only app that does not respond correctly with the shift key.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.