Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2011
Stuttgart, Germany
Hi there!

I am thinking about getting the new (well, almost new) GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition. And I have two questions for people who own it already or might be knowledgable:

1. Are there any problems I should know about? The internet seems to be full of complaints about the battery life, camera freezes and other issues. How bad is it, really?

2. Are there any differences between the models sold in the US and in Europe? I know that e.g. camcorders sometimes have different framerates they record in (24p in the US vs. 25p in Europe etc.) and there might be other surprises. Because the camera is $400 in the US and €430 in Germany (which is about $580), so it's a lot more expensive here. And I would try to buy one in the US. :)

Thanks for any help!

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
2. Are there any differences between the models sold in the US and in Europe? I know that e.g. camcorders sometimes have different framerates they record in (24p in the US vs. 25p in Europe etc.) and there might be other surprises. Because the camera is $400 in the US and €430 in Germany (which is about $580), so it's a lot more expensive here. And I would try to buy one in the US. :)

There are no differences in terms of camera. You can set it to record at either 24,25,30 fps with ease.

I can't remember if they just provide a USB cable in which case this wouldn't be an issue but an American model would probably come with an american plug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.