Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Some one riddle me this. Before iPhone OS 6 came out I had Springtomize on my iPhone. I don't recall ever paying for it nor did I use any pirated app. Now that I go to redownload it again, it tells me I have to pay? Did something change in these few months?

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
It looks like these are the stuff the Devs worked on before the release of Evasi0n. I had some tweaks that I paid for before and now it seems like they want me to pay again.

NanoNyrd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
Springtomize was a paid tweak when I installed it a year ago.

It should not be necessary to re-paid for tweaks, Cydia should remember your login ID. Of course some tweak authors have decided that you need to pay for an upgrade, since it often is almost as much work to reimplement the tweak for a new ios as writing it in the first place.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
Make sure you log in with your Rock ID. I knew I was downloaded previously paid for apps so I looked for the button and it worked like a charm. It shows "Package Officially Purchased" after that and the button says Install and not Purchase.

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Springtomize 2 was a tweak that I tried for free through a non-reputable repo. I liked it so much that I immediately bought it. It's only $2.99. At that price, it tells me that the developer "gets it" and realizes how much tweaks should go for.

Some of these other guys that want $7.99. or $10.99 don't "get it".

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Don't get me wrong, I'll be if I need too, but I remember having it since I did several things with it (like change carrier name, horizontal view of the Task Manager). However, I don't remember ever paying in either Cydia or Rock. I checked my Paypal account and it shows no record of me ever paying anything around the time I had Springtomize downloaded.

Which is why I was asking if anyone had the same issue?

JPChicago

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
Chicago
This is the only app I really need aside from biteSMS. I think I'll buy the license. Actually this will be my first purchase. Where do I make an account?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.