Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Cptnodegard
macrumors 6502

Any jailbreak tweak to enable WiFi hotspot on iPad mini WiFi only?

I'd very much like to have a WiFi hotspot feature on my iPad mini Wifi. No, I'm not crazy; from what I've seen, the WiFi hotspot feature has a hidden function where you can actually use it to create a device-device connection to an Apple TV. While it would disable internet access while in use, it would potentially allow me to use an Apple TV for teaching, in situations where the available WiFi network is just not working.

Anyone know if any hotspot related jailbreak tweak also works on Wifi only devices?
Cptnodegard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:59 PM   #2
a042349
macrumors member

Isn't that what Apple AirPlay is for? I don't have any Macs/AppleTV but I thought that was a big feature in having both an iPhone/iPad and a mac/TV to stream to.
a042349 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:26 PM   #3
kwiky
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a042349 View Post
Isn't that what Apple AirPlay is for? I don't have any Macs/AppleTV but I thought that was a big feature in having both an iPhone/iPad and a mac/TV to stream to.
You can't airplay without functional Wifi. He is trying to use his iPad to create a wifi connection between his iPad and the AppleTV2/3 without relying on another wifi device.

That being said you can try PDAnet or MyWi and see if they will let you. I don't know if the ATV will join an adhoc network though.
kwiky is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks