Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TeamHotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
North east
Although its working well i have an annoying bug that i can't find a fix for, i've posted on there forum with no luck. If i get a text no matter who its from the sender shows as
H......
K......

Its very annoying. Anyone aware of a fix? or another apps with Quick reply i could use instead? Getting a text and not seeing who its from is a little pointless imo.

cdcdoc

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
It happened to me and then I found out that it is not compatible so I deleted it...;)

Although its working well i have an annoying bug that i can't find a fix for, i've posted on there forum with no luck. If i get a text no matter who its from the sender shows as
H......
K......

Its very annoying. Anyone aware of a fix? or another apps with Quick reply i could use instead? Getting a text and not seeing who its from is a little pointless imo.

TeamHotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
North east
It claims to be 6.1 ready, and ip5 compatible but theres certainly bugs that need sorting out.. lol..

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
I have biteSMS 7.2 installed and it's working just fine on my iPhone 5. The only issue that I have with it is that when I was testing iMessage on myself, I ended up receiving the iMessage twice. So for example, sent on message, but then received the same message twice.

When I asked my friends if they received duplicate messages from me, they said they didn't. So who knows.

ntegra

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2010
Check your Privacy settings and try setting everything "On". I dont have a second phone to text me and try but maybe its a privacy issue that it doesnt want to show the full name, but rather the first letter of the contact.

My BiteSMS is working perfectly fine and I love it.

TeamHotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
North east
very informative subject line.

It informs you the question is about bitesms. What more do you want? an essay?

----------

Check your Privacy settings and try setting everything "On". I dont have a second phone to text me and try but maybe its a privacy issue that it doesnt want to show the full name, but rather the first letter of the contact.

My BiteSMS is working perfectly fine and I love it.

Nice idea, just checked everything is set to on

boon209

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
iPhone 5 6.1. The only problem I have is if I'm in cydia and someone text me, when I reply it kicks me out of cydia back to the home screen.

ReetC

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Toronto
I have this weird bug where if I want to remove a message preview from the lockscreen by tapping on the little "x" at the side.. it doesn't do anything so it's rendered useless. anyone know why that happens?

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
H......
K......

Need to instal bitesms from their beta repo. Make sure to have version 7.2.

twezzyfbaby

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2010
columbus ohio
the problem im having is only for certain ppl I can see what they texted me and with others cant see the words only who its from im on ip4 6.1 bitesms 7.2.1

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Need to instal bitesms from their beta repo. Make sure to have version 7.2.

FYI You do not need to add the beta repo to install 7.2. 7.2 is the latest public release on the BigBoss Repo. I have this version installed and I have none of the problems mentioned here and I haven't experienced any bugs myself. The only thing that happened to me was a tiny hiccup when I first installed it and started using it. What happened was, text messages from people in my phone book showed up without their names displayed. It showed their telephone number instead. The solution is explained in the changelog entry for 7.2. For anyone else that is experiencing this and they don't know why or how they can fix it, the changelog says....

"Note: The first time you install biteSMS it asks for access to your Contacts, you must say YES. Then you need to restart biteSMS (kill from dock) before the contact names will appear instead of contact numbers. This is a once-off issue only. We are trying to locate a permanent coding fix for this."

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
FYI You do not need to add the beta repo to install 7.2. 7.2 is the latest public release on the BigBoss Repo. I have this version installed and I have none of the problems mentioned here and I haven't experienced any bugs myself. The only thing that happened to me was a tiny hiccup when I first installed it and started using it. What happened was, text messages from people in my phone book showed up without their names displayed. It showed their telephone number instead. The solution is explained in the changelog entry for 7.2. For anyone else that is experiencing this and they don't know why or how they can fix it, the changelog says....

"Note: The first time you install biteSMS it asks for access to your Contacts, you must say YES. Then you need to restart biteSMS (kill from dock) before the contact names will appear instead of contact numbers. This is a once-off issue only. We are trying to locate a permanent coding fix for this."

It wasn't available as a public release yesterday. Per there site it was waiting to be uploaded but was delayed to to big boss repo issues the first day. That's why many people installed 7.1 and had issues. Glad to hear its available as a public release now.

reiichiroh

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
use the beta repo for the bleeding edge newest version: cydia.bitesms.com

oops. already posted above me. it's on 7.3.1 now. or 7.2.1. i'm sleep-deprived so i can't recalll.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.