Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:20 PM   #1
7thson
macrumors 6502

FCC promoting free wifi

I saw this article and it got me thinking about the people who thought it distasteful that jailbreakers would do an end run around tethering their iOS devices with tetherme. I think this article highlights how your carrier, however well they provide service to you, aren't really interested in your best interest. Lets hope the FCC doesn't get hammered too hard by the telecom lobby and buckle. It's not often one hears about the FCC doing something that would benefit the public over corporate profit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...tml?tid=pm_pop
7thson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:24 PM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Nothing will ever truly benefit the public. You pay for a service, the cell company still owns you, and you have limited rights. If you don't like it, toss the phone in the trash. The cell companies have us all bent over as long as we're in a contract ... and in some cases, even if we're not.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion