Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
......this ***** is awesome!!!!!

I came to the iPhone 5 from Android as my first iPhone, and I never bothered to root any of my Android phones. For the most part the customization was already there. I was hugely invested in the Apple ecosystem with my computers, ATV, and tablets, so I jumped as soon as the iPhone had LTE. The iPhone 5 was great for the most part, but I missed things like widgets, toggles, and the way notifications worked in Android.

This JB stuff is fantastic, so easy to do, and just NCSettings and Activator alone make it all worthwhile. I can't imagine what other cool stuff I'll find here.

Ok.....I'm done. Resume laughing at my noobness....:)

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
......this ***** is awesome!!!!!

I came to the iPhone 5 from Android as my first iPhone, and I never bothered to root any of my Android phones. For the most part the customization was already there. I was hugely invested in the Apple ecosystem with my computers, ATV, and tablets, so I jumped as soon as the iPhone had LTE. The iPhone 5 was great for the most part, but I missed things like widgets, toggles, and the way notifications worked in Android.

This JB stuff is fantastic, so easy to do, and just NCSettings and Activator alone make it all worthwhile. I can't imagine what other cool stuff I'll find here.

Ok.....I'm done. Resume laughing at my noobness....:)

I agree. This is only my second jailbreak but it makes the iPhone as perfect as we can make it within the hardware limitations (size). I am deep in iTunes and Apple as well, so my stay in Android land was only a few days. I am hoping the rumors of a 4.5-4.8" iPhone come true this year. Aside from that though, the jailbreak lets me add the few things that are missing from the standard software and make the whole thing more enjoyable to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.