Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
You can't make this **** up. :D

Another example of stupid, three strikes laws. A felony?

Police in Brooksville, Florida say that they arrested Timothy Carr over the weekend for driving drunk inside a local Walmart.

An arrest report obtained by The Smoking Gun on Monday indicated that Carr, 48, had helped himself to an alcoholic beverage while operating one of the store’s motorized shopping carts at around 9 p.m. on Sunday.

“The defendant did enter Walmart and select two packages of Daily Daiquiri and proceed to drink them in the store,” the charging document stated. “The defendant was driving a Walmart owned electric cart. While driving the cart, the defendant knocked several items off the shelves causing damage to the items.”

“The defendant did not have money to pay for the Daily Daiquiri drink that he consumed,” the report added.

Police indicated that Carr was unemployed and a transient. The crime was considered a felony because he had two previous arrests for retail theft.

Carr was being held on $6,000 bond, according to The Smoking Gun.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1zq1v)

Nov 28, 2010
located
Walmart has electronic shopping carts? For what purpose are they for?

Okay, I get the purpose (to drive through a Walmart), but why? For the slightly obese visitors or physically impaired?

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
Two Daily Daiquiri drinks makes one drunk ?

Wow. Stiff DUI laws there.

Also. Isn't the inside of a wally world considered private property ?

I'm guessing that he was well above the legal limit before he entered WalMart.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Disabled people ?

If that's what you believe. ;)

walmartscooter.jpg

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Two Daily Daiquiri drinks makes one drunk ?

Wow. Stiff DUI laws there.

Also. Isn't the inside of a wally world considered private property ?

While the charges sound extremely silly, I doubt it's legal to open or consume alcohol inside the store. It seems like that should have been the focus. Beyond that dui laws in terms of blood alcohol content could put someone just over the edge after two of those.

If that's what you believe. ;)

It puzzles me how anyone could get that fat.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
You can't make this **** up. :D

Another example of stupid, three strikes laws. A felony?

After seeing and reading the book on PeopleOfWalmart, this does not surprise me one bit.

Even more so, it further quantifies the game and Adam Carolla's statement that the weirdest news always comes from either Germany or Florida.

BL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.