Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 5, 2013, 04:00 PM   #1
SvenneDK
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 charges but wont show up in iTunes 11 (Tried all solutions)

Already read alot on this subject and here's my status:
  • OS X 10.8.2
  • ITunes 11.0.1
  • iPhone 4 (5.0.1)
  • I've reinstalled iTunes (terminal: cd /Applications -> sudo rm -r iTunes.app -> download newest version (11.0.1) from apple.com)
  • I've restarted both MBP and iPhone numerous times
  • I've followed http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/itunes/

Status: iPhone charges but doesn't show in either iTunes, Image Capture or iPhoto

Searching and reading several forum threads, there seems no solution to other than the above mentioned.
Are there any Terminal and/or deeper system-like method to see if the iPhone is recognized by the MBP, besides the "physical" connection which actually charges it?

Thank you in advance
SvenneDK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:47 AM   #2
tzus
macrumors member

Is your iPhone 4 listed under the iTunes/Preferences/Devices tab ?
tzus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:18 PM   #3
saotomefirst
macrumors regular

try connecting your iPhone w/o letting the screen lock. My iPhone 4 won't show up on any new computer unless I unlock it (normally after it 'reminds' me that I need to do it or it won't show up in the computer).

Also, if possible test your device on a Windows environment, just to be sure the problem isn't on it
saotomefirst is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store