Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 5, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1
hulk2012
macrumors 6502

What is your developed photography workflow?

Got recently converted to mirrorless photography and decided to step up with my workflow a bit. My goal is to be remotely as possible. Being able to access images on cloud storage any given time for editing and quick 'improvisation'. I wonder what is your preferably developed workflow which just simply 'works' across devices as well as cloud storage as well your favourite cloud storage.
hulk2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:06 PM   #2
flynz4
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk2012 View Post
Got recently converted to mirrorless photography and decided to step up with my workflow a bit. My goal is to be remotely as possible. Being able to access images on cloud storage any given time for editing and quick 'improvisation'. I wonder what is your preferably developed workflow which just simply 'works' across devices as well as cloud storage as well your favourite cloud storage.
Having cloud access to photography is way down in my list of photography workflow. I strongly prefer to use a quality DAM for culling, stacking, rating, keywording, editing, etc. The thought of doing that with online originals makes my head hurt.

I use Aperture on an iMac which contains my entire library of photos. In the field... I use Aperture on a MacBook air... which gives me full high performance control to my entire workflow. When I return from the field... I transfer any new projects to the iMac.

Only then... long after the pictures are taken... would I create albums that contain any photos that I would possibly want available online.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:39 PM   #3
glenthompson
macrumors Demi-God

I'm in Jim's camp. I use iPhoto for management and PSElements for editing that iPhoto can't handle. I want more creative control on what I put online. Also the images on my Nex-7 eat up too much bandwidth when traveling and using my MiFi.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 09:03 PM   #4
JackieMB
macrumors newbie

I use Dropbox for storing photos in a "cloud."
JackieMB is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store