Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Got recently converted to mirrorless photography and decided to step up with my workflow a bit. My goal is to be remotely as possible. Being able to access images on cloud storage any given time for editing and quick 'improvisation'. I wonder what is your preferably developed workflow which just simply 'works' across devices as well as cloud storage as well your favourite cloud storage.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Got recently converted to mirrorless photography and decided to step up with my workflow a bit. My goal is to be remotely as possible. Being able to access images on cloud storage any given time for editing and quick 'improvisation'. I wonder what is your preferably developed workflow which just simply 'works' across devices as well as cloud storage as well your favourite cloud storage.

Having cloud access to photography is way down in my list of photography workflow. I strongly prefer to use a quality DAM for culling, stacking, rating, keywording, editing, etc. The thought of doing that with online originals makes my head hurt.

I use Aperture on an iMac which contains my entire library of photos. In the field... I use Aperture on a MacBook air... which gives me full high performance control to my entire workflow. When I return from the field... I transfer any new projects to the iMac.

Only then... long after the pictures are taken... would I create albums that contain any photos that I would possibly want available online.

/Jim

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
I'm in Jim's camp. I use iPhoto for management and PSElements for editing that iPhoto can't handle. I want more creative control on what I put online. Also the images on my Nex-7 eat up too much bandwidth when traveling and using my MiFi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.