Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Aug 24, 2013, 03:38 PM   #1
vjaaan
macrumors regular

iPhoto Albums refusing to cooperate

I have made a number of Albums and Smart Albums in my iPhoto 11 on my MacBook Pro. I am finding it very difficult to manage them due to a few quirky things they do.

When I create a new Album, it immediately loads it with whatever I was looking at before. I finally figured this out and will have to watch carefully where mouse was last sitting when I select File/New Album. But when trying to clear out all the wrong photos from my new albums, I found that they were totally deleted. I had read many times that deleting photos from albums would not delete the original photo from its Event.

I am now afraid to clean up my albums because important photos wind up in the trash. Why would this be happening? Thanks.
vjaaan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Razeus
macrumors 68030

Stop using iPhoto.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 07:47 AM   #3
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjaaan View Post
... But when trying to clear out all the wrong photos from my new albums, I found that they were totally deleted. I had read many times that deleting photos from albums would not delete the original photo from its Event.
Apples directions are here. Make sure you only have the photo in the album selected and not in the event as well.

Aperture has an actual "remove from library" option. You might want to send a suggestion to Apple to include an option like that for iPhoto to make it clear what is happening.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:11 PM   #4
vjaaan
macrumors regular

Thanks for the response. To be safe, I will use the Remove from Album choice when highlighting a photo in an album to get rid of.
vjaaan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography