Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lalacharlee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
When I first got my iphone, about a month ago I noticed 2 weeks in it had a wiggly/loose home button that was also soft to press

Now just today and yesterday it's become firmer and harder to press, not unresponsive, it's reacting to my clicks. But it seems to be changing.

I'm thinking since it's not unresponsive I'll just wait it out, since I have 11 months of warranty left, and if it starts acting up I'll trade it in (it's a pain since there's no apple stores in my country and I'd have to pay a fee to get a refurb sent first, that's why I'm hesitant.)

I'm OCD with electronics, especially if I cash out 900 dollars on an iphone that starts showing signs of upcoming problems.

Any info that may help?
I'm sorry but I only want suggestions on what may be happening, if people have had similar issues. Sending it into apple for a replacement isn't much help because I already know this. Thanks for suggestions to people who make them :)

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Why worry about it if it is not broken yet? It's normally just use that changes the home button.

lalacharlee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Why worry about it if it is not broken yet? It's normally just use that changes the home button.
Yeah, that's why I'm hesitant and telling myself I'll wait incase something happens.
I'm not gonna throw a little fit over something that probably won't be an issue. All feedback is helpful though :)

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Yeah, that's why I'm hesitant and telling myself I'll wait incase something happens.
I'm not gonna throw a little fit over something that probably won't be an issue. All feedback is helpful though :)

You won't throw a fit but you'll make a thread.... I would rather of you thrown that fit.

If you're not happy with your phone take it to apple and see what they'll do for you.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Throwing a fit a being picky aren't OCD. I'm also not sure what you want people to say, if it's a problem for you, get the phone replaced, if it's not, keep it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.