Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:38 PM   #126
Fishticks
macrumors regular

Improve Maps ???!!!
Please don't!!!
Why improve such a perfect release ??!!

Ah ah.
Fishticks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:39 PM   #127
BornAgainApple
macrumors 6502

No way in H E double hockey sticks that I upgrade after waiting almost six months for the latest jailbreak.
BornAgainApple is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:42 PM   #128
Am3r1ca16
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
Agreed....those tards who are complaining, don't know what the heck they are doing....

DO install useful basic tweaks like Zephyr, Remove Background/Backgrounder to kill apps (Actually improves battery life), Tetherme to gain Personal Hotspot for free *your BOUGHT data shouldnt be restricted), and iFile to use the camera kit and unlimited SD cards for unlimited storage, so you dont have to pay extra $100 per 16 gigs of data

DON'T install 5 million themes slowing down your memory.
what that last part 'and iFile to use the camera kit and unlimited SD cards for unlimited storage, so you dont have to pay extra $100 per 16 gigs of data"

Unlimited what?
Am3r1ca16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:43 PM   #129
BornAgainApple
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
Agreed....those tards who are complaining, don't know what the heck they are doing....

DO install useful basic tweaks like Zephyr, Remove Background/Backgrounder to kill apps (Actually improves battery life), Tetherme to gain Personal Hotspot for free *your BOUGHT data shouldnt be restricted), and iFile to use the camera kit and unlimited SD cards for unlimited storage, so you dont have to pay extra $100 per 16 gigs of data

DON'T install 5 million themes slowing down your memory.
I absolutely LOVE Zephyr, mostly to save wear and tear on the dreaded home button. TetherMe is charging $4.99 now. I purchased MyWi a few years ago, and now the slime bags want ANOTHER $4.99 for an "upgrade" that is supposedly iOS 6 compliant...F 'em. I'll have to give iFile a try...thx.
BornAgainApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:50 PM   #130
BlaqkAudio
macrumors 6502

So does it fix the ability to play background video when using Safari/webview?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 05:38 PM   #131
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

this update is stupid.. release a beta/update that only impacts Japan users? i hope there is a beta 2 and it includes something for those in the USA.
mattburley7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 05:48 PM   #132
jtinch
macrumors newbie

Does anyone else's iOS devices still randomly change brightness from medium to all the way up? I have the ambient light sensors turned off.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 05:53 PM   #133
irDigital0l

1. This looks like a bigger update compared to 6.1.

2. Pattern?

iOS 5.1 - Siri for Japan
iOS 6.1.1 - Improved Maps for Japan

iOS 5.1 was announced in March with the iPad 3 event and its pretty close to March.
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:34 PM   #134
petsounds
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneoni View Post
What is this mdworker bug everyone keeps complaining about.
mdworker is what OS X uses to index your drive. Mountain Lion on some systems makes Spotlight constantly re-index your drive and causes other issues. Open up Console.app and if your system.log is being spammed by mdworker messages, you've got the bug. If you don't, count yourself lucky.
petsounds is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:39 PM   #135
Karma*Police
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtinch View Post
Does anyone else's iOS devices still randomly change brightness from medium to all the way up? I have the ambient light sensors turned off.
Did you try restoring it to factory settings? If after that you're still experiencing problems, it may be a hardware issue.
Karma*Police is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:21 PM   #136
Mackan
macrumors 65816

An expected move by Apple. Those people must be proud over themselves, hunting down jailbreaking like this. Because that's exactly what this is about, a strategic release.
Mackan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:22 PM   #137
DJJAZZYJET
macrumors 6502

[QUOTE=Battlefield Fan;16799350]Steps to remedy yourself:

1. Delete MR account

Do you actually know how to do this? I want to set up a new one.
DJJAZZYJET is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:26 PM   #138
Jasonsayhi
macrumors newbie

When will they improve map for singapore?
Jasonsayhi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:29 PM   #139
Nermal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJAZZYJET View Post
You may want to review these two links:

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Mac..._my_account.3F
http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:For...nable_Offenses (number 4)

This one may also be useful:

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Mac...y_user_name.3F
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:38 PM   #140
manu chao
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicecom View Post
Until I see "Added built in public transit directions", I'll stick to Google Maps. Sad really, because I prefer the Apple Maps interface.
Depends on where you live. In Germany and Switzerland, the Google transit directions are rather useless, almost everybody uses apps developed by the local transit authorities or directly those from the national railways which include all local public transport as well.
manu chao is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:47 PM   #141
Battlefield Fan
Banned

[QUOTE=DJJAZZYJET;16802203]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlefield Fan View Post
Steps to remedy yourself:

1. Delete MR account

Sorry I don't. I was just giving the guy a hard time.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah View Post
1. I can't
2. I would loss something important to me
3. I don't have an iPhone (yet)
Haha sorry to pick you on but there should be a rule against that saying. Thanks for being a good sport!
Battlefield Fan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:48 PM   #142
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsayhi View Post
When will they improve map for singapore?
Yeah, been waiting for that day to come. Maps for our country is nothing short of crap.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:57 PM   #143
Jasonsayhi
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
Yeah, been waiting for that day to come. Maps for our country is nothing short of crap.
Totally agree.
Jasonsayhi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:00 PM   #144
alec6542
macrumors regular

Wow looks like those guys in the iOS security department are scrambling like crazy to get this thing patched. This is in contrast to the last untethered jailbreak iOS 5.1.1. Apple sat on that one for almost 4 months. I guess they figured that most people just can't help themselves and will update to iOS 6 or get an iPhone 5, which apparently is what happened judging by how the JB cooled off substantially over the last few months. But this, a jailbreak for the iPhone 5, something they were determined to prevent, has really chapped their ass and they are not about to let it slide. Oh well at least I'm set for the next 6 months or so.
alec6542 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:12 PM   #145
Fatalbert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb77 View Post
The big question, does this patch Evasi0n's exploits?
The first thing we think about

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by distemp View Post
These jokes were old about a decade ago. Please try your joke again.
That's not the joke. People like who you get upset over it are.
I also want Safari to be snappier.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi408 View Post
Those complaining about the Jailbreak and slowing down did something wrong. I jailbroke my iPad and my iPhone and just installed 3G Unrestrictor, TetherMe, and Adbock, and my iPhone 5 and my iPad 4 are just as fast as ever. Won't upgrade until I see that jailbreak works with this update.
When you jailbreak, it installs some stuff like MobileSubstrate and MySQL. I'm not sure if that impacts the performance, but I kept feeling like my iPhone was just a tad slower after the jailbreak even without anything from Cydia installed.
Fatalbert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:32 PM   #146
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvizioN View Post
Same here. I don't get all this excitment about jailbreak! I jailbroke mine and it's clearly not the same after that. Battery indicater does not show corrctly, drops like 10% each time, it's noticably slower, winterboard crashes!! I mean wtf? Isn't this the reason we like Apple products? So we don't have to cope with that crap?
Did you also carelessly install tons of tweaks?
mrsir2009 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:41 PM   #147
jamesnajera
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKF View Post
6.1 has been eating through my data plan and battery life ever since I had it installed. Anyone else? I hope for relief with 6.1.1.
Do you have a exchange account(s)? Delete one, reboot and add it back with a different description name. If that does not help, and you have more than one exchange account repeat. One of your exchange accounts is corrupt. Otherwise restore your iphone via iTunes and setup as new phone (do not restore from backup).
jamesnajera is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:52 PM   #148
hamkor04
macrumors 6502

in this release,

Siri will activates battery with special malfunction to blow your face when you say:

"Safari gets snappier"

Be Careful
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:54 PM   #149
Am3r1ca16
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepalisherpa View Post
I don't get all the excitement about a stock OS. I left mine stock for few months and it's clearly not the same after that. Functionalities are limited, OS looks boring, etc. I mean wtf?

In a more polite reply, you may not have any need to jailbreak, but, others do. I jailbreak to improve/add functionalities, not to just theme my device.
To be honest if you didn't want a boring stock IOS then you would've gotten a android phone if customizing is a big issue for you. Just saying.

Inb4 apple fan boys
Am3r1ca16 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:06 PM   #150
BlaqkAudio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsounds View Post
mdworker is what OS X uses to index your drive. Mountain Lion on some systems makes Spotlight constantly re-index your drive and causes other issues. Open up Console.app and if your system.log is being spammed by mdworker messages, you've got the bug. If you don't, count yourself lucky.
Boot into safe mode, then reboot. Worked on my MBP, although it comes back when I update to a new build (in which case, I just boot into safe mode again).

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion