Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:11 PM   #1
Amaro2021
macrumors member

Thumbs up Anybody know how to modify prl on Iphone 5 for sprint?

Whats up guys well what i want to get figured out is how to exchange the Sprint prl with a Verizon prl(LTE if possible)on the Iphone 5.I know this was possible with the 4s cause Ive done it,So im asking you for help and im sure some of you guys are trying to figure it out as well so please help and lets try to figure this out thanks guys!I've been trying to figure it out as well and failed but for those of you that dont know to do this with the 4s this what you had to do on the 4s.

1. Jailbreak the iphone

2. download iFile from Cydia ($4 or google how to get it through other means), also turn data roaming ON

3. download the 00001.prl from this link http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/add46/00001.prl (this is from a post over on xda by techknow)

4. rename the PRL file "carrier.prl"

5. ok this is one of the important parts, you need to put the carrier.prl in System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Sprint_US.bundle and overwrite the existing carrier.prl in the folder, you can do this either by using open ssh or use ifile,in ifile you may copy and paste from dropbox or connect to your computer via wifi. I also would recommend putting the prl in the OTA sprint folder too, some people have been having problems and this may help.

6. in the folder that you copied the prl there is a file called carrier.plst, click it then in the menu that comes up click property list viewer, then scroll down till you see "PrlPushFlag" change to yes, click back at the top and go to the OTA folder if you put the PRL in there, then repeat the PrlPushFlag flag instructions, press back again to go up a folder and fully turn off your phone(so that you slide to power off) simply turning off your screen or a respring will not work.

7. turn your phone back on, you should see "searching" at the top, it should go to "no service", after you see "no service" go back to the carrier.plst and change the PrlPushFlag flag back to "no" and click back again

8. turn your phone off and back on again.

9. you should be roaming on verizon, it will say sprint at the top but you can confirm you are roaming by dialing *2 and you should get "welcome to verizon" also if you go to about and click on carrier info you should see your prl as 1.

10. you can revert back to the standard prl and not roaming by dialing ##UPDATE#
Amaro2021 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:16 PM   #2
tok
macrumors newbie

On my iPhone 4S, this never worked unless TetherMe was installed as well for some reason. Did you have TetherMe installed on the 4S, but not on the 5?
tok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:31 PM   #3
Amaro2021
macrumors member

On the 4s i did yes but since tethering is available on the 5 is that the same thing or no?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:50 PM   #4
ogremoustro
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaro2021 View Post
On the 4s i did yes but since tethering is available on the 5 is that the same thing or no?
I would get it.
ogremoustro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:56 PM   #5
Amaro2021
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogremoustro View Post
I would get it.
Ill try it again but the folders are different in ifile with the iphone 5 could we use a different prl? do you know where to download prls?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:58 PM   #6
ogremoustro
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Ill try it again but the folders are different in ifile with the iphone 5 could we use a different prl? do you know where to download prls?
I have some Verizon PRLs but I'm not sure if they work with LTE
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:43 PM   #7
Amaro2021
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogremoustro View Post
I have some Verizon PRLs but I'm not sure if they work with LTE
can you post them i would like to try or a link you can post to where you got them.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:54 AM   #8
ogremoustro
macrumors 6502

Quote:
can you post them i would like to try or a link you can post to where you got them.
Sure! I'm sorry for the late response, let me know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (8.4 KB, 420 views)
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:31 AM   #9
Aadamtheking
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I successfully roamed on Verizon!
Aadamtheking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:54 AM   #10
Amaro2021
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadamtheking View Post
I successfully roamed on Verizon!
How did you do it!!? with LTE or 3G?Please explain!!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 03:10 AM   #11
understando
macrumors member

I dont understand this. Does sprint not have an ability to see you are doing this?

I remember when signing up for service they talked about if I was to be on "extended" for a certain amount... (i think it was something like 250mb, but I could be completely wrong). I would be billed and if it continued my account could be suspended?

Won't this just start that process up?

... Now if we are just jumping on Verizon's network... Well, that sounds interesting.
understando is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 03:22 AM   #12
Amaro2021
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by understando View Post
I dont understand this. Does sprint not have an ability to see you are doing this?

I remember when signing up for service they talked about if I was to be on "extended" for a certain amount... (i think it was something like 250mb, but I could be completely wrong). I would be billed and if it continued my account could be suspended?

Won't this just start that process up?

... Now if we are just jumping on Verizon's network... Well, that sounds interesting.
yes ive done it on my 4s and im gone over 500mb in a month and they havent canceled my contract,but when they asked me about it i told them how can i go over 300mb when im on 1x i get no 3G or LTE where im at.Im pretty sure they dont want to lose any customers
Amaro2021 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:49 PM   #13
Aadamtheking
macrumors newbie

Quote:
How did you do it!!? with LTE or 3G?Please explain!!
I will post instructions later today.
Aadamtheking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 05:54 PM   #14
Amaro2021
macrumors member

Quote:
Cool! Thanks alot
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:32 PM   #15
ZeWarrior
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Bump? I'm interested in this .
ZeWarrior is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:51 PM   #16
BrandonHacks
macrumors regular

this is interesting.. since the update of 6.1 i am no longer roaming at all.. I just want to be able to roam verizon like i did on 6.0 when there is no service in the school building.
BrandonHacks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:12 PM   #17
Amaro2021
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonHacks View Post
this is interesting.. since the update of 6.1 i am no longer roaming at all.. I just want to be able to roam verizon like i did on 6.0 when there is no service in the school building.
yea me to there has to be a way ive been trying to do it but keep failinghopefully this tutorial will be posted soon!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:35 PM   #18
ZeWarrior
macrumors newbie

I have a feeling he won't be posting anything and was probably lying. His only 2 posts were on this thread.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:44 PM   #19
Amaro2021
macrumors member

Yea he ain't posting anybody else try to figure out how to do this? Can't find no info on it.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:29 AM   #20
jypatl
macrumors newbie

I would really love this this to work!
jypatl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:05 PM   #21
Amaro2021
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jypatl View Post
I would really love this this to work!
tried different prls not working :[ anybody?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:00 PM   #22
ZeWarrior
macrumors newbie

nobody knows.. sucks to suck ..
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:17 PM   #23
viperGTS
macrumors 6502a

Just wondering, what does modifying the prl do? I'm assuming that it allows roaming on another network?
viperGTS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:17 PM   #24
Amaro2021
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperGTS View Post
Just wondering, what does modifying the prl do? I'm assuming that it allows roaming on another network?
Yes it does which would be nice to do with the Iphone 5 and especially roam off that LTE i just cant find a way.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:37 PM   #25
rd261
macrumors regular

I'm able to change prl and roam on Verizon. Lte roaming does not and will not work since sprint and Verizon do not have an agreement to allow lte roaming. Now here's the deal, Before getting it to work I tried a couple of times with a Verizon .000001 I had saved in my computer and it just wouldn't work. The only way I could get it to work was by watching a video that was posted in the iphone-developers forum and downloading the prl from the link in the video. The steps to load the prl are the same as before, the only difference is that in the iPhone 5 the folder where you overwrite the prl is now called sprint_lte_us.bundle. Just make sure your data roaming is on and that you have tetherme installed. The link to the video with the file is
http://forum.iphone-developers.com/i...eed-issue.html

Btw I'm not sure if this happens to anybody else but while roaming I'm not able to send SMS. iMessage works beautifully but regular texts do not. The same used to happen when I had the 4s.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks