Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:03 PM   #1
bonskovsky
Banned

The iPhone 10

Thumb resize.

http://i50.tinypic.com/4rc0bb.png

Here is the 7th generation iPhone, this is actually the design that they were to use for the 6th generation, but they held off on it.

So here, you already see that we have an all touch design. From the back, to the sides, the whole display is touch sensitive. It is made out of Gorilla Glass 3. This is a no smudge display. It is very hard to make smudges on this phone. The Apple logo on the back is a digital image. Now that the display is 4K, images can be displayed on the back of the phone in place of the logos. The camera and earpiece on the front of the display is behind the glass. And the home button has been removed. There's room to put 3 times as many apps. No more scaling. I bet you are also wondering where the physical volume buttons are. You can simply tap the sides, there are indentations in the side.

Watching movies on this display is like having a mini theater inside your hand, there is no bezel. And with a display like this iOS7 has plenty of room to innovate. Just wait until you see what the home screen looks like now.

Last edited by annk; Feb 11, 2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: timg tags
bonskovsky is offline   5
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Charadis
macrumors 6502a

I'm confused, I thought the iPhone 5 is the 6th generation iPhone?

For the next major up haul, whatever it will be, I'd like to see the new IGZO, same screen size, thinner thinner thinner (like as thin as the new iPod Touch 5th gen), and touch sensitive home button. And the case material to return to stainless steel. And a faster processor. Maybe a smaller SIM..not sure how much smaller you can go tho. Sent from my iPhone 5.
Charadis is offline   6
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:55 PM   #3
pat park
macrumors 6502a

Good stuff bonsokvy
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:23 PM   #4
bonskovsky
Banned

Thumb resize.

This new iPhone would actually be the only phone to have an all around touch display. The whole entire phone is touch sensitive.

Last edited by annk; Feb 11, 2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: timg tags
bonskovsky is offline   4
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:31 PM   #5
aPple nErd
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonskovsky View Post

This thread is for ideas about the new iPhone. State what you want in the next iPhone, and it will get rendered into a picture.

So here, you already see that we have an all touch design. From the back, to the sides, the whole display is touch sensitive. It is made out of Gorilla Glass 3. This is a no smudge display. It is very hard to make smudges on this phone. The Apple logo on the back is a digital image. Now that the display is 4K, images can be displayed on the back of the phone in place of the logos. The camera and earpiece on the front of the display is behind the glass. And the home button has been removed. There's room to put 3 times as many apps. No more scaling. I bet you are also wondering where the physical volume buttons are. You can simply tap the sides, there are indentations in the side.

Watching movies on this display is like having a mini theater inside your hand, there is no bezel. And with a display like this iOS7 has plenty of room to innovate. Just wait until you see what the home screen looks like now.
Ya uhhh NOT happening!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:03 PM   #6
bonskovsky
Banned

Do you think it's even possible to get a phone with a display of 360?

Last edited by bonskovsky; Feb 8, 2013 at 08:51 PM.
bonskovsky is offline   0
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:05 PM   #7
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Why would I want the corners of my movies to be rounded off like that? They'd have to make it a perfect rectangle to get video's to look right.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:10 PM   #8
bonskovsky
Banned

I agree with the perfect rectangle sentiment. Movies would only play on the front of the device. The back of the device is part of your wallpaper setup.

This helps Apple ship phones with different colors without having to make the effort to actually do it. I think it's a perfect answer to that.

You can color your phone as you wish. If you choose black, your phone is black, if you choose white, your phone is white.

We could have whatever color phone we wanted at will. And it only works because the resolution is so high that it replicates real world images.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:26 PM   #9
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

He, he, looks cool. No bezel, what happens when you drop it.
Givmeabrek is offline   0
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:42 PM   #10
bonskovsky
Banned

You know, they actually have the phones that actually have the bendable glass. Having the phone built out of that for the back part would save it from damage. I would also like this phone to sport a revolutionary new battery, one that is twice as powerful.

Imagine a phone that used a Wi-Fi connection to charge it. You would barely ever have to plug it in.

Honestly I think the bezel-less display is the one thing that could bring Apple back, it would bring the novelty of touchscreen back.

Nowadays touchscreen is taken for granted.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:47 PM   #11
maxosx
macrumors 68020

It's an interesting time for Apple when it comes to phones. I can't remember a time when they have faced such serious competition. Of even greater interest will be how they respond. Or even if they do.

For years they insisted they only did what they wanted with no regard for the competition. After caving in and building iPad mini. Anything is possible.
maxosx is offline   2
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:06 AM   #12
Icy1007
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
You know, they actually have the phones that actually have the bendable glass. Having the phone built out of that for the back part would save it from damage. I would also like this phone to sport a revolutionary new battery, one that is twice as powerful.

Imagine a phone that used a Wi-Fi connection to charge it. You would barely ever have to plug it in.

Honestly I think the bezel-less display is the one thing that could bring Apple back, it would bring the novelty of touchscreen back.

Nowadays touchscreen is taken for granted.
iPhone 5 is the 6th generation iPhone.

Having the display cover the entire device would be useless.

You can't send power over "Wi-Fi". lol
Old Feb 7, 2013, 05:38 AM   #13
bonskovsky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy1007 View Post
Having the display cover the entire device would be useless.
  • This helps Apple ship phones with different colors.
  • You can color your phone as you wish.
  • We could have whatever color phone we wanted at will.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 05:43 AM   #14
T'hain Esh Kelch
macrumors 65816

Send a message via ICQ to T'hain Esh Kelch Send a message via AIM to T'hain Esh Kelch Send a message via MSN to T'hain Esh Kelch
Quote:
I prefer one color instead of paying 4x the price..
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:08 AM   #15
bonskovsky
Banned

http://i48.tinypic.com/bi0x89.png

I'd pay, it's how Apple could continue to make a profit, the world needs a bezel-less phone.
bonskovsky is offline   2
Old Feb 7, 2013, 09:25 AM   #16
CEmajr
macrumors 68020

The full screen with no bezel looks interesting. I wouldn't want a display on the sides though.

I don't drop my iPhones but it would probably be a disaster with people dropping that one. Easily shattered. I could see the complaints now. "Drop-gate".
CEmajr is offline   2
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:17 AM   #17
iCarabma
macrumors regular

iPhone 5S

Is it cheating if I take this seriously? This all screen stuff is fun but would suck in everyday use and isn't practical. So what about the next iPhone? My guesses:

1. Same form factor. It's clear now that part of Apple's strategy is to get every dollar out of design and manufacturing to use the same form factor for two cycles. Case makers love this btw. Many will scream from the rafters this is a huge disappointment. That will not affect sales.

2. Faster, more Siri enhancements, and maybe more storage.

3. The big selling point will be iOS 7. Ive's first pass will be the most radical redesign ever. Many of the features (pinable widgets, and background updating live-tile like apps) will be designed with the new....

4. Larger screen iPhone (plus+?). Lots of the software will be towards making the new larger model the worlds only 5" screen that can be operated with one hand.

5. The cheaper iPhone that everyone is talking about (if it shows up) will actually more expensive. But importantly it will be offered WITHOUT CONTRACT. Think $300-350. If they can make a iPad mini in that range with margins they are comfortable with, then I can see a iPhone they can sell directly to consumers. Years later will all look back and realize this was the fatal blow for phone subsidies.
iCarabma is offline   0
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:53 AM   #18
bonskovsky
Banned

Technically the phone idea I came up with actually makes the screen larger without changing the form factor at all.

I'm still wanting all screen design. At least on the front. Apple could get rid of the bezels if they wanted to.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:28 AM   #19
sulpfiction
macrumors 68020

Quote:

All 3 of your points basically say the exact same thing

----------

Quote:
Technically the phone idea I came up with actually makes the screen larger without changing the form factor at all.

I'm still wanting all screen design. At least on the front. Apple could get rid of the bezels if they wanted to.
You're making a wish list of ideas that arent even possible..Or pracitcal in the least. Charging over wifi?

And although an edge to edge display looks cool, it's not very practical at all. Not happening any time soon.

A battery with double the power?? Sure, acutually i'd like a battery with quadruple the power. Or how about no battery at all? Apple just makes it magically work! That would be awesome. But yeah, that's basically what you're doing...Making a wish list based on nothing...Just things you're making up in your head.

----------

Quote:
Do you think it's even possible to get a phone with a display of 360?

..And just for the record, you're imaginary phone is actually an iPod touch.
sulpfiction is offline   2
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:23 PM   #20
randy98mtu
macrumors 65816

I like the idea of minimizing the bezel on the sides and shrinking it on the top and bottom, even getting rid of the home button. I would actually love to see a 4.5-4.8" screen in an iPad mini form. That is the nicest industrial design I've seen out of Apple I think. Software wise, iOS7 better start changing from what iOS has been for 5-6 years now. Personally I like the idea of widgets and live tiles...
randy98mtu is offline   0
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:48 PM   #21
bonskovsky
Banned

I think it's very possible that Apple could get rid of the bezel. I mean bezels on phones have been shrinking for years now and I think we're going to get that it's as display pretty soon near future
Old Feb 7, 2013, 05:59 PM   #22
617aircav
macrumors 68020

Apple has a history of incremental upgrades so why are folks getting so.delusional. NFC may be the only upgrade.
617aircav is offline   0
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:48 PM   #23
bonskovsky
Banned

I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy S3 vs the little ole iPhone 5 and let me tell you, competition is rising-

Nay! Competition has risen.

I see no reason not to say that pretty soon Android phones will be the only things stores will be putting on display shelves.
bonskovsky is offline   1
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:50 PM   #24
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

So where does the ear speaker go? Where does the front facing camera go? Where does the ambient light sensor go?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:56 PM   #25
bonskovsky
Banned

The front facing earpiece and camera is behind the glass panel, as well as the ambient light sensor. I really wish I could show you guys what am edge-to-edge display looks like in the real world.

Especially when you used the display effects for notifications and ringtones. They're like little glowing slabs, strobe lights.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland