Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rasmasyean

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I remember there was something like this in Starcraft 1. Is there something like this for this version?

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Not from Blizzard.

Technically, people -could- make single player oriented maps available on the "SC2 Arcade" (Blizzard's lame ass name for custom maps), which you could then create a private game for and play by yourself.

However, it doesn't appear as though anyone actually does this. It might not be possible, or maybe people just don't care. I wouldn't be surprised if the SC2 map editor lacks the scripting capabilities to make a proper single player map, so that Blizzard can reserve that right for themselves by pushing out expansion packs.

-SC

R1PPER

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
errrrr.....it's called Heart of the Swarm and it will be out in March. 20 new full campagn missions, Zerg centric. There is also tons of custom map stuff. It's abit needle in a haystack...goodluck. But SC2 is all about 1v1 multiplayer....thats were the true storys are made : )

Wardenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2012
Not from Blizzard.

Technically, people -could- make single player oriented maps available on the "SC2 Arcade" (Blizzard's lame ass name for custom maps), which you could then create a private game for and play by yourself.

However, it doesn't appear as though anyone actually does this. It might not be possible, or maybe people just don't care. I wouldn't be surprised if the SC2 map editor lacks the scripting capabilities to make a proper single player map, so that Blizzard can reserve that right for themselves by pushing out expansion packs.

-SC

Someone has re-made the entire SC1 campaign in the SC2 engine so anything is possible with the editor.

I am annoyed at the lack of single-player missions available via the arcade but you can add maps directly into your maps and mods folder from elsewhere.

Have a look here:

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/?category=campaign

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.