Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Computer1603

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
-
Hey, my jailbroken 4S on iOS 6.1 wants customizeable Folder Icons ;)
Beautifolders and Foldericons don´t work on iOS 6, please provide me a tip for an alternative Tweak!
Greetings

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
But FolderEnhancer doesn't do what FolderIcons does.....which is replace the 'folder' look with a specific icon. Makes homescreens with a bunch of folders (mine) look SO much better. Can't wait for Foldericons to be updated.

(for those who don't know, FolderIcons causes immediate crash to safe mode when activated right now).

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
But FolderEnhancer doesn't do what FolderIcons does.....which is replace the 'folder' look with a specific icon. Makes homescreens with a bunch of folders (mine) look SO much better. Can't wait for Foldericons to be updated.

(for those who don't know, FolderIcons causes immediate crash to safe mode when activated right now).

Ouch.. hopefully they update it.

DesertBruin

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
Good to see that it isn't just me. I was just coming to post about the same problem. Will delete and wait it out.

Any other ideas for foldericon replacment tweaks? Does Beautifolders do the same thing?

nienque

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
According to OP Beautifolders doesn't work :(

I hope FolderIcons gets updated, or some alternative gets made. It's a tweak I am sure a lot of us would be willing to pay for..

TheGreatMuta

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013
If you guys don't mind creating a theme and using it with Winterboard or manually changing the folder icon then maybe someone can tell you the name of the image and you can do it yourselves. You can ask in this thread Post your Jailbroken Home Screen (Part 5, new JB)

Hey 3bs, I think that's actually the problem... and hence the demand for FolderIcons to return...

Don't shoot me down if I've misunderstood you here (I'm definitely the thick one), but...

whereas changing up the theme as you suggest by any method/tweak which allows for changing/swapping-up App icons by using some nice custom images etc and some other tweaks allow tinkering a little with the appearance of the folders somewhat... there is nothing else (to my knowledge) that flat-out replaces folders with a single icon in the home screen so they take on the appearance of an app, almost.

To some users (myself included), those folders with the miniature icons cluttered inside an open square look messy, and FolderIcons puts a neat single image there, just as you would have for an app.

Again, if I've overlooked your point and been a moron, I do apologise.

Somebody's got to make a new FolderIcons, surely?

Computer1603

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
-
Hey 3bs, I think that's actually the problem... and hence the demand for FolderIcons to return...

Don't shoot me down if I've misunderstood you here (I'm definitely the thick one), but...

whereas changing up the theme as you suggest by any method/tweak which allows for changing/swapping-up App icons by using some nice custom images etc and some other tweaks allow tinkering a little with the appearance of the folders somewhat... there is nothing else (to my knowledge) that flat-out replaces folders with a single icon in the home screen so they take on the appearance of an app, almost.

To some users (myself included), those folders with the miniature icons cluttered inside an open square look messy, and FolderIcons puts a neat single image there, just as you would have for an app.

Again, if I've overlooked your point and been a moron, I do apologise.

Somebody's got to make a new FolderIcons, surely?

Yeah thats what we miss :(

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
If you guys don't mind creating a theme and using it with Winterboard or manually changing the folder icon then maybe someone can tell you the name of the image and you can do it yourselves. You can ask in this thread Post your Jailbroken Home Screen (Part 5, new JB)

You must be new to the JB theming world! ;) It is not possible to use Winterboard to replace folder icons (yet). FolderIcons is the only app that allowed us to do it.

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE

ran into this thread & this perticular post 15 mins too late :D
gave me a fright for a min or 2... all ok now n deleted it.

just thought id bump this thread cos im looking to change my folder appearence too, incase anyone's got a method...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.