Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brian017

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Kilkenny, Ireland
Every lightning cable I've had has broke after a few weeks of use (randomly disconnecting and reconnecting to enventually not connecting at all). I'm sick of getting replacement cables and was wondering are they any heavy duty lightning cables on the market. I know Griffin had something for the 30-pin cable but can't seem to find anything for the new cable.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
What the heck do you do to your poor cables? I own three lightning to USB cables, have subjected them to reasonable use and have had no problems.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
How are you disconnecting cable from phone? Are you just pulling on the cable or actually grabbing the large part of the connector?

rc0310

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
just buy the Lightening to Micro USB adaptor and buy a Micro USB cable..

I have the same problem with these weak Apple cables.. Got my replacement.. Going i leave one at home and use the adaptor with cheap cable at work/carry with me outside

Every lightning cable I've had has broke after a few weeks of use (randomly disconnecting and reconnecting to enventually not connecting at all). I'm sick of getting replacement cables and was wondering are they any heavy duty lightning cables on the market. I know Griffin had something for the 30-pin cable but can't seem to find anything for the new cable.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
I just bought the one from Amazon and received it today. Definitely worth it. The actual cable is thicker and the tips are bigger than the one made by apple. So some cases may not accept the cable at all.

I like to rock my iPhone naked so i don't have a problem with the cable. It's $5 cheaper so I'm a pretty happy camper!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.