Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:22 AM   #1
TheiPodPerson
macrumors newbie

Video editor - Mac Mini or iMac?

For about a year I have been contemplating a new MacMini or and iMac. I am a semi-pro video editor currently in college, so funds are not available to get a Mac Pro. My question is should I get an iMac 21" maxed out or a Mac Mini maxed out* w/ a broadcast quality display? Does the Mac Mini have the power to run the Adobe Suite seamlessly, as well as Avid?

*RAM would be purchased from macsales.com

Thanks,
Jordan
GoPro Hero 2
TheiPodPerson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:25 AM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheiPodPerson View Post
My question is should I get an iMac 21" maxed out or a Mac Mini maxed out* w/ a broadcast quality display? Does the Mac Mini have the power to run the Adobe Suite seamlessly, as well as Avid?
Either one can easily handle the workload you described.
GGJstudios is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:01 PM   #3
jmpage2
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheiPodPerson View Post
For about a year I have been contemplating a new MacMini or and iMac. I am a semi-pro video editor currently in college, so funds are not available to get a Mac Pro. My question is should I get an iMac 21" maxed out or a Mac Mini maxed out* w/ a broadcast quality display? Does the Mac Mini have the power to run the Adobe Suite seamlessly, as well as Avid?

*RAM would be purchased from macsales.com

Thanks,
Jordan
What's the price difference between the two, and then ask yourself if the really nice 21.5" anti-glare screen on the new iMac is worth that price difference.

It's worth noting that you can only get the integrated graphics with the Mini but the iMac has a much better Nvidia graphics chipset.
jmpage2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice