Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:36 PM   #1
badman89
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Buying from Amazon

Hi guys, I live in Europe, and I'm planning to order a new iPad Mini from Amazon UK (because the GBP price is slightly cheaper than the EURO price, and shipping is still free).

I'm just wondering if there is any difference between ordering directly from Apple and ordering from a reseller on Amazon. Here is the link. When I add it to my cart, it says that it's sold by a reseller called Buy-it-right (and "fulfilled by Amazon"). I'm not really sure what "fulfilled by Amazon" means in terms of returns, etc. But anyway, as long as it comes with the Apple warranty, I'm thinking I should face no problems.

Anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance to anybody who can advise me!

TLDR: If someone could clarify the meaning of "fulfilled by Amazon," and what risks (if any) it carries, I would really appreciate it.

Last edited by badman89; Feb 7, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
badman89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:52 PM   #2
baypharm
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
If in doubt about the inclusion of the apple warranty, email the seller and ask him. I have bought many items from Amazon with no problems. I buy exclusively from Amazon now - Ebay is history and past its prime. So I don't go there anymore.
baypharm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:58 PM   #3
badman89
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by baypharm View Post
If in doubt about the inclusion of the apple warranty, email the seller and ask him. I have bought many items from Amazon with no problems. I buy exclusively from Amazon now - Ebay is history and past its prime. So I don't go there anymore.
What could be the reason for the warranty not being valid? I'm not talking about AppleCare, just the regular warranty.
badman89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:08 PM   #4
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 603
 
SnowLeopard2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman89 View Post
What could be the reason for the warranty not being valid? I'm not talking about AppleCare, just the regular warranty.
It's fine, you shouldn't have problems if you buy from Amazon direct (sold by Amazon) or buy from one of their affiliated partners/subsidiaries (fulfilled by Amazon). That means it's covered by Amazon in regards to return policy, exchanges, returns and that sort of thing.
__________________
YouTube | Twitter
MacBook Air | iPhone 5 | iPad mini | Apple TV | AirPort Extreme 802.11ac | iPad signed by Steve Wozniak
SnowLeopard2008 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:09 PM   #5
baypharm
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fulfilled by Amazon means that an Amazon warehouse has physical possession of the item. The seller has shipped all their merchandise to a warehouse for Amazon to ship out as orders come in. All items purchased by and fulfilled by Amazon come with a 30 day MBG unless the description says otherwise. Ask all questions before clicking the submit icon.
baypharm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:20 PM   #6
badman89
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by baypharm View Post
Fulfilled by Amazon means that an Amazon warehouse has physical possession of the item. The seller has shipped all their merchandise to a warehouse for Amazon to ship out as orders come in. All items purchased by and fulfilled by Amazon come with a 30 day MBG unless the description says otherwise. Ask all questions before clicking the submit icon.
Thanks! So, in short, you're saying that there's no need for me to worry?
badman89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Rodster
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman89 View Post
Thanks! So, in short, you're saying that there's no need for me to worry?
No need to worry !

I've been purchasing from Amazon for the last 5 years and they are stellar. If you want to play it safe you could call Apple and ask if there will be a problem with the warranty. There shouldn't be an issue.
Rodster is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC