Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:36 PM   #1
badman89
macrumors regular

Buying from Amazon

Hi guys, I live in Europe, and I'm planning to order a new iPad Mini from Amazon UK (because the GBP price is slightly cheaper than the EURO price, and shipping is still free).

I'm just wondering if there is any difference between ordering directly from Apple and ordering from a reseller on Amazon. Here is the link. When I add it to my cart, it says that it's sold by a reseller called Buy-it-right (and "fulfilled by Amazon"). I'm not really sure what "fulfilled by Amazon" means in terms of returns, etc. But anyway, as long as it comes with the Apple warranty, I'm thinking I should face no problems.

Anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance to anybody who can advise me!

TLDR: If someone could clarify the meaning of "fulfilled by Amazon," and what risks (if any) it carries, I would really appreciate it.

Last edited by badman89; Feb 7, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
badman89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:52 PM   #2
baypharm
macrumors 6502a

If in doubt about the inclusion of the apple warranty, email the seller and ask him. I have bought many items from Amazon with no problems. I buy exclusively from Amazon now - Ebay is history and past its prime. So I don't go there anymore.
baypharm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:58 PM   #3
badman89
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by baypharm View Post
If in doubt about the inclusion of the apple warranty, email the seller and ask him. I have bought many items from Amazon with no problems. I buy exclusively from Amazon now - Ebay is history and past its prime. So I don't go there anymore.
What could be the reason for the warranty not being valid? I'm not talking about AppleCare, just the regular warranty.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:08 PM   #4
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman89 View Post
What could be the reason for the warranty not being valid? I'm not talking about AppleCare, just the regular warranty.
It's fine, you shouldn't have problems if you buy from Amazon direct (sold by Amazon) or buy from one of their affiliated partners/subsidiaries (fulfilled by Amazon). That means it's covered by Amazon in regards to return policy, exchanges, returns and that sort of thing.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:09 PM   #5
baypharm
macrumors 6502a

Fulfilled by Amazon means that an Amazon warehouse has physical possession of the item. The seller has shipped all their merchandise to a warehouse for Amazon to ship out as orders come in. All items purchased by and fulfilled by Amazon come with a 30 day MBG unless the description says otherwise. Ask all questions before clicking the submit icon.
baypharm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:20 PM   #6
badman89
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by baypharm View Post
Fulfilled by Amazon means that an Amazon warehouse has physical possession of the item. The seller has shipped all their merchandise to a warehouse for Amazon to ship out as orders come in. All items purchased by and fulfilled by Amazon come with a 30 day MBG unless the description says otherwise. Ask all questions before clicking the submit icon.
Thanks! So, in short, you're saying that there's no need for me to worry?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Rodster
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman89 View Post
Thanks! So, in short, you're saying that there's no need for me to worry?
No need to worry !

I've been purchasing from Amazon for the last 5 years and they are stellar. If you want to play it safe you could call Apple and ask if there will be a problem with the warranty. There shouldn't be an issue.
Rodster is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad