Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sidjug

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
I've recently tried to connect my xpander guitar to the macbook pro (running snow leopard 10.6.8) and I've downloaded and installed the tattiebogle latest drivers. It doesn't work: the green light on the guitar keeps blinking and the macbook doesn't recognize the controller.
So I would like to go with this procedure :https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1327396/ (it's meant to be done on Lion but I want to give it a try)
When I try to uninstall the drivers using the Untattie the terminal report this message "permission denied". <---How can I work around this problem?
I've tried also to remove manually (with the secure trash cleaning) the single files but when I try to install the 0.8 version as suggest the thread, I get this message (a sort of): impossible to continue the installation, you have already installed a newer version.
I'm stuck :D
Is anyone having the same problem ?
Can you help me to uninstall the drivers for good or better to get the guitar recognized by the macbook?

thanks in advance for every help

Lorenzo

runnerkeys

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2013
Same problem!!

Lorenzo,

I'm having the exact same problem, only I'm on lion, not snow leopard. I installed a tattiebogle driver to play castle crashers, but I found out later I had to uninstall the latest version to install 0.08. I can't get rid of it, no matter what i do! If you find a solution, PLEASE tell me.

Thanks,
runnerkeys

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Taken out of the OS X controller thread.

1. To find out what files have previously been installed, paste this in the terminal:
pkgutil --files com.mice.pkg.Xbox360controller

2. Remove the necessary files which should probably be something like this:

1. /Library/PreferencePanes/Pref360Control.prefPane
2. /Library/StartupItems/360ControlDaemon
3. /System/Library/Extensions/360Controller.kext
4. /System/Library/Extensions/Wireless360Controller.kext
5. /System/Library/Extensions/WirelessGamingReceiver.kext
6. /Library/Application Support/MICE/360Daemon
7. /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.mice.360Daemon.plist

3. Tell you mac to forget about previous installer. I had to use this as the installer repeatedly gave me a message saying that a newer installation already existed...

Paste this in the terminal (you will need to key in your mac admin password at some point):

sudo su -

then:

pkgutil --forget com.mice.pkg.Xbox360controller

Don't forget to use the sudo command in the terminal, as that's the admin one giving you permission.

Waldoctg

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
So, N19h7m4r3... are you saying I input "pkgutil --files com.mice.pkg.Xbox360controller" into terminal... then do I delete all those files?

Also, I can't find these files:

1. /Library/PreferencePanes/Pref360Control.prefPane
2. /Library/StartupItems/360ControlDaemon
3. /System/Library/Extensions/360Controller.kext
4. /System/Library/Extensions/Wireless360Controller.kext
5. /System/Library/Extensions/WirelessGamingReceiver.kext
6. /Library/Application Support/MICE/360Daemon
7. /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.mice.360Daemon.plist

I am running Mavericks, so maybe this is why?

Please help!

----------

Thanks!

noreception

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2014
Did you ever have success finding the files? I'm on Yosemite and I can't find them...

Any other solutions?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Did you ever have success finding the files? I'm on Yosemite and I can't find them...

Any other solutions?

On my Mac they are in the same location in Yosemite as Mavericks. Make sure you're looking in the System and Library folders on the root of your HD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.