Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Mar 2, 2013, 03:35 PM   #1
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
iPhone and iPad are tops for People with Disabilities

An interesting preliminary report that has recently been issued reflecting the results of a survey:

http://wirelessrerc.org/content/publ...e-disabilities

While the iPhone does well, it's the iPad which really shines here, and that's not surprising when one considers the various uses to which it has been applied by people with disabilities and their families.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:23 PM   #2
smoledman
macrumors 65816

I can only hope that disabled people will appreciate the Surface RT and its many wonders.
smoledman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Yeah, I personally get a lot out of using the AssistiveTouch and Dictation on my iPad.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 09:07 AM   #4
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
I think a lot of people have benefitted from both the iPhone and the iPad in many ways that Apple had not even dreamed about when they were creating them! Apple's iPad is certainly leading the pack, at least right now, in terms of this sort of device and its usefulness to everyone.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion