Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:07 AM   #26
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrusOz View Post
Ok the first option using the Clipgrab and rewrap was working well until I dragged the .mts file into the rewrap unzipped file and then it creates the .mkv file within 1-2 seconds but the .mkv doesn't contain anything, it's zero kb.

I'm not sure what is going on, can you help me with this too please?

Thanks again mate
Have you tried the Container Switcher Application from floh yet?
If that does not work, create or find a small sample video from your camera and upload it as a compressed ZIP and provide the link in order to find out what is wrong, since you should not get an .MKV but an .M4V file, and that .M4V file should be similar in size to the .MTS.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:14 AM   #27
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

Quote:
ok so i've updated to snow leopard
Are you really sure that you've upgraded to Snow Leopard? Less than an hour between finding the link and saying that you've upgraded. You can only upgrade using a DVD that you have to buy from the Apple Store.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:16 PM   #28
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

Hi , reading you questions and answers you are getting makes me believe certain aspects you don't understand or your Computer is not working correct.
If you are going to use Mac for editing your video look at a few tutorials on YouTube and other internet formats.
You need to understand what your computer can do and what iMovie can do. Then when you ask a question you will know how to resolve your problem after you get the feedback.
Saying that there is a lot to learn and even us get to the state of flinging the computer out at times.
daybreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:16 PM   #29
CyrusOz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Braine View Post
Are you really sure that you've upgraded to Snow Leopard? Less than an hour between finding the link and saying that you've upgraded. You can only upgrade using a DVD that you have to buy from the Apple Store.
I followed a tutorial on youtube that showed how to both download and install snow leopard from a usb HD, i followed that and bingo. my system is now running 10.6 which is apparently snow leopard.

FWIW, my Imac hasn't been running properly in a long time but since the upgrade it appears to have resolved many of the old issues... although it has screwed up my firefox

Last edited by CyrusOz; Feb 11, 2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: forgot a few words
CyrusOz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video