Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:30 AM   #101
gto55
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tel Aviv
Enough with the elongated iPhone 5 or 5S, time for apple to present a REALLY BRAND NEW DESIGNED iPhone (software and hardware, add auxo to iOS for example) or don't complain if people move to Samsung, Nexus or else

Do you want that as your next iDevice because Apple refuses to redesign/adapt its OS interface ?


Last edited by gto55; Feb 8, 2013 at 01:37 AM.
gto55 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:34 AM   #102
luffytubby
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalbert View Post
Ew, 5" screen?? If they actually release this, which I doubt they will, I just hope they'll still have the 4" version. Why anyone wants 5" is beyond me, but it's only a personal preference.
big hands etc..


whats so hard not to grasp about that?
__________________
Life is a game. Play till your dead, then restart.
luffytubby is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:35 AM   #103
Kaptajn Haddock
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Denmark
5" iPhone?! Steve Jobs is rolling around in his grave!

That will never happen!!!
Kaptajn Haddock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:36 AM   #104
maxosx
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto55 View Post
Enough with the elongated iPhone 5 or 5S, time for apple bring a REALLY BRAND NEW DESIGNED iPhone (software and hardware, add auxo to iOS for example) or don't complain if people move to Samsung, Nexus or else

Do you want that as your next iDevice because Apple refuse/ to redesign/adapt its OS interface ?

Image
I guess it's time to use a capital: Iphone ... LOL
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:36 AM   #105
selva
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kot View Post
Apple has been doomed since the time it started following market trends, not setting them, and even worse, following Samsung. Oblivion is all they deserve.
They've been doomed to the tune of what, $ 10's of billions of profits each Q? I wish I was that doomed. Morons.
selva is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:38 AM   #106
GregAndonian
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Apple should change their name to Tomato- because Catchup seems to be their specialty these days.
__________________
"Your time is limited. Don't waste it living someone else's life."

-Steve Jobs
GregAndonian is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:40 AM   #107
Hungry&Foolish
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndonian View Post
Apple should change their name to Tomato- because Catchup seems to be their specialty these days.
Good one
Hungry&Foolish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:44 AM   #108
maxosx
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndonian View Post
Apple should change their name to Tomato- because Catchup seems to be their specialty these days.
Brilliant!

That's likely to apply to more than just the phone this year.

Persistent rumors have the new Galaxy S4 being released months before the next iPhone.

Apples got their work cut out for them, like never before
maxosx is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:46 AM   #109
Steve H
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
Apple will be launching both an iPhone 5S and a 5" iPhone 6 this year
Information recently confirmed from our side...

Last edited by Steve H; Feb 8, 2013 at 02:00 AM.
Steve H is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:47 AM   #110
selva
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma*Police View Post
I'm all for Apple releasing multiple sized iPhones, but releasing a 5S and 6 doesn't make sense. It would have to be a line extension... maybe they'll call it iPhone 4" and iPhone 5"; not unlike how they differentiate MacBooks today, by screen size.

I think the 5" will sell well, though many users who've been screaming for a larger display may find that the extra inch isn't going to change their lives like they thought it would. In fact, some of them may find that the trade-off in usability may not be worth it. As my co-worker recently said of his galaxy s3, "it's just big enough to be annoying to use"... and his hands are larger than average.
I think you're wrong. I've been toting around an iPad Mini past month and I find myself actually bothering to look at the ToDo List and Calendar as it is so much more pleasant to view. When I had just the iPhone, I did not even bother to take the time to look simply because it was too cramped for my eyes. Heck, I'm not even a Senior. I can only imaging how the old folk must feel at having to be forced into a 4 inch model whether they have glaucoma or not. The problem with the Mini Pad though is it can't fit in my pockets. I think a most significant, possibly even the majority, of phone users will actually choose the 5 inch over the 4 inch model if given a chance to do so while staying within their familiar Apple ecosystem.
selva is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:48 AM   #111
Toshibo
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
this is not real

this is not real!
look on the lest side of "iPhone 6"! is the black iPhone 5 Button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
Image


3.5" iPhone, 3.5" iPhone 4, 4" iPhone 5, and (mockup) 5" iPhone by iMore
Brightwire translates a report from the Chinese media which claims that Apple will be launching both an iPhone 5S and a 5" iPhone 6 this year:This rumor adds to a chorus of reports that Apple is seriously considering a larger form-factor iPhone in the near future. While early reports had suggested that such a model wouldn't see the light of day in 2013, later reports continue to point to a 4.8"-5.0" device coming soon from Apple.

All these rumors have generated a significant amount of speculation on how such a larger model might make sense in Apple's iPhone lineup, especially when comparing it to Samsung's current offerings.

Due to Apple's use of Chinese manufacturers and the need to prototype their designs, it's possible that all of these sightings could be true, yet Apple may still not launch such a device in 2013. If Apple does begin ramping up production for 2013, we expect we'll see parts of this larger device to also begin to leak out of China.

Article Link: Chinese Source Claims iPhone 5S and 5-Inch iPhone 6 to Launch in 2013
Toshibo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:51 AM   #112
selva
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshibo View Post
this is not real!
look on the lest side of "iPhone 6"! is the black iPhone 5 Button!
Of course it's not real. The caption under the photo says it's a mock up according to the rumor.
selva is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:54 AM   #113
maxosx
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
The mockup or image or rumor may not be real, but in China they know everything.
maxosx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:58 AM   #114
Loge
macrumors 68000
 
Loge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by selva View Post
I've been toting around an iPad Mini past month and I find myself actually bothering to look at the ToDo List and Calendar as it is so much more pleasant to view. When I had just the iPhone, I did not even bother to take the time to look simply because it was too cramped for my eyes.
The calendar looks cramped because it is still basically unchanged from the first iPhone which did not have the retina screen. It would work much better on a 3.5 to 4" screen if you could use smaller fonts, and it included a week view.
Loge is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:00 AM   #115
corduroygt
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Fairfax, VA
Make a 5-5.3" iPhone with 1920x1280 resolution (Quad iphone 4) and we'd be all good. Also make the smaller 4" version concurrently for those people who like itty bitty phones.
__________________
Macs are so much fun that Office for Mac comes from Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, just like the Xbox 360
corduroygt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:02 AM   #116
freedevil
macrumors 6502a
 
freedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Everyone complained about the 4" screen too but its awesome. I will buy the 5" for sure if it will happen. I doubt Apple will release two models because it will lead to consumer confusion.
__________________
An  a day keeps the dark ☁ away!
freedevil is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:08 AM   #117
macs4nw
macrumors 68020
 
macs4nw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On Safari…..
Mother of all phones...

Why not just get it over with, and put phone functionality in the iPad Mini.
macs4nw is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:08 AM   #118
teme
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
I doubt Apple will release two models because it will lead to consumer confusion.
They have iPad & iPad mini and customers don't seem to be that confused about them. Why two iPhone models would be confusing?
teme is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:09 AM   #119
rMBP13
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Cool, can't wait.. I'll be the first to line up!
rMBP13 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:18 AM   #120
selva
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by teme View Post
They have iPad & iPad mini and customers don't seem to be that confused about them. Why two iPhone models would be confusing?
Because too many people here think they are iPundits and that they know what's best for others. Morons.
selva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:23 AM   #121
Mr.damien
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljohnson72 View Post
Have fun backpedaling on all the "this screen is the best size" marketing.
Have fun thinking that all rumors are true ...
  1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:24 AM   #122
Paulio
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkapple View Post
I have had every major iPhone release... I don't really care what they do with hardware at this point. It's always beautiful, always feels great and is the best available when it's released..

I care about the tired OS. I'm really bored with it at this point... I bought an iPhone 5 in the fall and I'm thinking of giving it to my wife and jumping ship after all these years... It sucks because I'm so deep in the apple ecosystem... I have iPads iMacs MacBooks POWERBOOKS Apple TV's iPods and iPhones... but this will most likely be my last...

It's not that iOS isn't great- it is... But I'm bored with it. It looks the same as it always has and I'm ready for a change.....I think..
I'm sorry, but that is stupid. Just look at OSX, it has been around longer than iOS and looks very similar in its current state than its initial release. Look at OS 9, it looks nearly the same as OS 7 or even earlier. Most users complain when things change (even if they get better, look at the ribbon UI for Microsoft) and the reason they do that is because they have to relearn how to do everything. Apple is one of the rare companies that seriously puts a lot of thought and energy into every aspect of their products. When they make something, you know it will be insanely great.
What exactly are you bored with? An operating system that rarely crashes and rarely lags? You are threatening no one in lying how you'll be jumping ship because the beautiful and consistent UI makes you bored?

I for one embrace new ideas, I was wrong in my doubts of the 4" screen, I thought 3.5" was perfect. It isn't. If anyone can do a 5" device well, you know it will have an apple on it (not that Samsungs notes aren't great, they're just not as good as they could be).
I'm over the moon with my iPhone 5, the jailbreak tweaks keep me happy for the little things that I want different. But I haven't really touched changing the look, because it already is very nice. I'm hoping to keep this phone for ages, and sure as hell won't be swapping it for a lesser device because rounded squares are lame. Lol.

Last edited by OllyW; Feb 8, 2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: insult
Paulio is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:27 AM   #123
turtlez
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I want the cheapest iPhone for when my iPhone 3GS dies! I hope having multiple range of phones pushes prices down on the smaller ones! I use my phone for a phone and just want iPhone for the looks and hassle free usage
turtlez is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:31 AM   #124
Mike MA
macrumors 6502a
 
Mike MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Germany, Europe
At least it's not an analyst
__________________
Macbook Air 13" (late 2010) - Apple TV2 - Time Capsule - iPhone 4
Mike MA is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:35 AM   #125
iMikeT
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
IF this happens, fragmentation here we come!
iMikeT is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Report Claims Apple Will Launch 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 in August, Larger Model in September MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 166 May 16, 2014 07:19 AM
Sketchy Report Claims iPhone 5S Delayed Until Late 2013 Over Switch to 4.3-Inch Display MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 213 Jul 21, 2013 07:11 PM
Analyst Claims 60-Inch 'iTV' Could Launch in Late 2013 With 'iRing' Motion Control and iPad-Like Auxiliary Screens MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 268 Apr 5, 2013 11:45 PM
Verizon Imposing Vacation Blackouts September 21-30 in Line with iPhone Launch Claims MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 61 Aug 22, 2012 08:04 AM
Chinese source says they have the real iPhone 5 parts, will allow you to play with th Michaelgtrusa iPhone 1 Aug 22, 2012 06:26 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC