Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Hi all, since restoring my iPhone yesterday, iTunes has now decided that its not synced to the same PC/iPhone combination and won't sync. Is there anyway to manually copy SMS tones to the iPhone using iFile or similar?

Also, does anyone know of any nice simple SMS tones in Cydia such as bleeps and blips (nothing silly!)? Currently using RCP tones but looking for something maybe like some of the default Android/HTC ones?

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
Hi all, since restoring my iPhone yesterday, iTunes has now decided that its not synced to the same PC/iPhone combination and won't sync. Is there anyway to manually copy SMS tones to the iPhone using iFile or similar?

Also, does anyone know of any nice simple SMS tones in Cydia such as bleeps and blips (nothing silly!)? Currently using RCP tones but looking for something maybe like some of the default Android/HTC ones?

Can't check right now, but the alerts should be pretty easy to find. But better fix your sync problem if you ask me.

Here, I'll share my beeps and blips tones with you View attachment tones.zip

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for the tones! Well, gritted my teeth and hit erase and sync and, it worked. Didn't seem to erase anything!

Stier

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2008
I may as well ask here, I can't get the tones/alerts for SMS to work I have enabled in winterboard they don't play at all just the original tones play

Any suggestions?

Maverik3

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Meridian Idaho
Copy the file using ifile and transfer them into var/stash/rigtones and enable them from the native settings app just like you would normally change the tone

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Brilliant - just noticed auto correct set the tile to manfully instead of manually!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.