Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:37 AM   #1
ALMF
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Need a better alarm

the iOS alarm app needs more "recurrence" options.

For work my schedule is one way week one and another week two. For example: week one Mon-Fri 6:45AM, week two is Tue-Fri 6:45AM.

The iOS alarm app does not allow a user to set up a biweekly occurrence for an alarm. a user has to either remember to set up one for the Monday or wake up early on their day off because the alarm.

hope Apple adds a feature like this soon, it would be great for people on Flex Schedules at work.

Any apps out there that can help out until then?
__________________
iPhone 4 (used as iPod now), iPhone 5, iPad mini (gifted), iPad rmini
ALMF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:45 AM   #2
SandboxGeneral
Moderator
 
SandboxGeneral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rigel IV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMF View Post
the iOS alarm app needs more "recurrence" options.

For work my schedule is one way week one and another week two. For example: week one Mon-Fri 6:45AM, week two is Tue-Fri 6:45AM.

The iOS alarm app does not allow a user to set up a biweekly occurrence for an alarm. a user has to either remember to set up one for the Monday or wake up early on their day off because the alarm.

hope Apple adds a feature like this soon, it would be great for people on Flex Schedules at work.

Any apps out there that can help out until then?
I'm sure there are other apps out there that can accomplish what you need, but I don't know of any. I just use the standard alarm app that came with the iPhone.

But you can let Apple know your suggestion via their feedback page.

Apple Feedback/iPhone
__________________
It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about it? It's a two-party system. You have to vote for one of us.
••• SandboxGeneral.com •••
SandboxGeneral is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:47 AM   #3
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
There are all kinds of alarm apps in the app store that really out do what the stock alarm app does.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:54 AM   #4
Interstella5555
macrumors 603
 
Interstella5555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
There are all kinds of alarm apps in the app store that really out do what the stock alarm app does.
Come one Jessica, we both know how tired one's hand can get browsing through the app store...
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:59 AM   #5
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
Come one Jessica, we both know how tired one's hand can get browsing through the app store...
Good point. I should have been more sensitive.

OP, I've always been a fan of Nightstand Central.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:52 AM   #6
ALMF
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I downloaded about 10 different alarm apps. They all had the same recurrence option as the iOS alarm app. they were free apps, but I don’t want to do a pay for app if it may not have more recurrence options.

does any one know if the alarm apps restricted to the same recurrence options as the iOS alarm app?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
I'm sure there are other apps out there that can accomplish what you need, but I don't know of any. I just use the standard alarm app that came with the iPhone.

But you can let Apple know your suggestion via their feedback page.

Apple Feedback/iPhone
thanks, I sent a suggestion
__________________
iPhone 4 (used as iPod now), iPhone 5, iPad mini (gifted), iPad rmini
ALMF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:21 AM   #7
adam044
macrumors 65816
 
adam044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston
Just make 2 alarms and turn off the one you don't need. Why make it more complicated than it needs to be
__________________
13" Late 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz > iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey AT&T > iPad 4 > Apple TV 3
adam044 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:04 PM   #8
ALMF
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam044 View Post
Just make 2 alarms and turn off the one you don't need. Why make it more complicated than it needs to be
your way is much more complicated

its far more complicated to have to turn alarms on and off than just being able to set an alarm and not having to touch it again.
__________________
iPhone 4 (used as iPod now), iPhone 5, iPad mini (gifted), iPad rmini
ALMF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:43 PM   #9
adam044
macrumors 65816
 
adam044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMF View Post
your way is much more complicated

its far more complicated to have to turn alarms on and off than just being able to set an alarm and not having to touch it again.
I didn't think pressing one button was hard but I don't have only suggestions sorry
__________________
13" Late 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz > iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey AT&T > iPad 4 > Apple TV 3
adam044 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:07 PM   #10
davehutch
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Croxley, Herts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMF View Post
the iOS alarm app needs more "recurrence" options.

For work my schedule is one way week one and another week two. For example: week one Mon-Fri 6:45AM, week two is Tue-Fri 6:45AM.

The iOS alarm app does not allow a user to set up a biweekly occurrence for an alarm. a user has to either remember to set up one for the Monday or wake up early on their day off because the alarm.

hope Apple adds a feature like this soon, it would be great for people on Flex Schedules at work.

Any apps out there that can help out until then?
Try "Clocks". I've tried loads and this is by far my favourite.
Should do what you want by setting one weekday alarm at one time and another weekday alarm at another time.
You just toggle one on and one off each week
davehutch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: Alarm problem... Volume button cancels alarm after jailbreak Lockon Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 4 Jan 17, 2014 05:49 AM
Timeline Alarm - Quick alarm and timer for iOS7 (universal) maka iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Nov 20, 2013 08:33 AM
(Universal) Clean Alarm Pro for iOS 7 | Beautiful alarm/clock for iOS 7 only plescape iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Sep 20, 2013 04:03 PM
No alarm sound with stock app or iHandy alarm Makaveli6103 iOS 6 0 Apr 14, 2013 11:27 AM
Chirpy Time - Timer & Alarm Clock (suggestions for alarm clock apps wanted!) chirpytime iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Jun 23, 2012 04:57 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC