Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:37 AM   #1
ALMF
macrumors regular

Need a better alarm

the iOS alarm app needs more "recurrence" options.

For work my schedule is one way week one and another week two. For example: week one Mon-Fri 6:45AM, week two is Tue-Fri 6:45AM.

The iOS alarm app does not allow a user to set up a biweekly occurrence for an alarm. a user has to either remember to set up one for the Monday or wake up early on their day off because the alarm.

hope Apple adds a feature like this soon, it would be great for people on Flex Schedules at work.

Any apps out there that can help out until then?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:45 AM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMF View Post

For work my schedule is one way week one and another week two. For example: week one Mon-Fri 6:45AM, week two is Tue-Fri 6:45AM.

The iOS alarm app does not allow a user to set up a biweekly occurrence for an alarm. a user has to either remember to set up one for the Monday or wake up early on their day off because the alarm.

hope Apple adds a feature like this soon, it would be great for people on Flex Schedules at work.

I'm sure there are other apps out there that can accomplish what you need, but I don't know of any. I just use the standard alarm app that came with the iPhone.

But you can let Apple know your suggestion via their feedback page.

Apple Feedback/iPhone
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:47 AM   #3
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

There are all kinds of alarm apps in the app store that really out do what the stock alarm app does.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:54 AM   #4
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
There are all kinds of alarm apps in the app store that really out do what the stock alarm app does.
Come one Jessica, we both know how tired one's hand can get browsing through the app store...
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 07:59 AM   #5
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
Come one Jessica, we both know how tired one's hand can get browsing through the app store...
Good point. I should have been more sensitive.

OP, I've always been a fan of Nightstand Central.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:52 AM   #6
ALMF
macrumors regular

I downloaded about 10 different alarm apps. They all had the same recurrence option as the iOS alarm app. they were free apps, but I don’t want to do a pay for app if it may not have more recurrence options.

does any one know if the alarm apps restricted to the same recurrence options as the iOS alarm app?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
I'm sure there are other apps out there that can accomplish what you need, but I don't know of any. I just use the standard alarm app that came with the iPhone.

But you can let Apple know your suggestion via their feedback page.

Apple Feedback/iPhone
thanks, I sent a suggestion
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:21 AM   #7
adam044
macrumors 65816

Just make 2 alarms and turn off the one you don't need. Why make it more complicated than it needs to be
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:04 PM   #8
ALMF
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam044 View Post
Just make 2 alarms and turn off the one you don't need. Why make it more complicated than it needs to be
your way is much more complicated

its far more complicated to have to turn alarms on and off than just being able to set an alarm and not having to touch it again.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:43 PM   #9
adam044
macrumors 65816

Quote:
your way is much more complicated

its far more complicated to have to turn alarms on and off than just being able to set an alarm and not having to touch it again.
I didn't think pressing one button was hard but I don't have only suggestions sorry
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:07 PM   #10
davehutch
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Try "Clocks". I've tried loads and this is by far my favourite.
Should do what you want by setting one weekday alarm at one time and another weekday alarm at another time.
You just toggle one on and one off each week
davehutch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone