Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:02 AM   #1
downingp
macrumors 6502a

YouTube Newbie

I just uploaded my first gopro video on YouTube. I mainly uploaded it for family and I think it turned out fine for what I was trying to accomplish. I used iMovie on my Mac and uploaded directly to YouTube from within the application. I uploaded in 720 HD and it worked fine, but my family is only able to view the video on a computer and not their mobile devices (iPads, iPhones, etc). What settings do I need to use within iMovie to upload in a format where anyone can see it regardless of source and in HD?

Thanks in advance.
downingp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:05 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

It is YouTube's responsibility to offer the mobile playability.

Maybe give us a link (here or via PM) to let us test it.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:15 AM   #3
acearchie
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by downingp View Post
What settings do I need to use within iMovie to upload in a format where anyone can see it regardless of source and in HD?

Thanks in advance.
If your video contains a content ID managed track then it will be blocked from playing on a mobile device.

Either change the soundtrack to a royalty free track or create a soundtrack yourself in garageband.
acearchie is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:26 AM   #4
downingp
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by acearchie View Post
If your video contains a content ID managed track then it will be blocked from playing on a mobile device.

Either change the soundtrack to a royalty free track or create a soundtrack yourself in garageband.
This makes the most sense. I did add music to the video which I am sure has a royalty fee
downingp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Quotenfrau
macrumors 6502

the owner of every uploaded video can set if mobile devices are able to watch. Double check your settings. Maybe you forgot a check box.
Quotenfrau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:48 PM   #6
TheKnifeFight
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acearchie View Post
This is your issue. Pick smaller artists or use approved licensed music.
TheKnifeFight is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video