Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sniffs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
It's $29.99!!!

Come on people! Show support for the dev of this GREAT game..

Then when you have it, let's play!

My Steam ID: sniffs

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
Very good deal on this. The 4 pack is $89 right now as well if some people wanted to get a group together to purchase.

Sadly I mainly play on Xbox or I would pick this up in a heart beat.

sniffs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Which one is better: BLands 1 or 2? It seems like the first game of the series is much cheaper.

BL1 is great. I've double dipped on the game. I own it on my 360 and I paid for it on OnLive (I have max chars on both 360 and OnLive).

I couldn't pass on the $29.99 for BL2..

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Well the first game is older. If you haven't played either and don't have a friend to play BL2 with, I'd say get BL1 first. Get the GOTY version since it has all the DLC too. It's $7.49 at the moment.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901566/

I believe it's PC only though.

30 bucks on the MAS - I really can't get that nonsense...when Steam for Mac was announced, all they praised was the dual-platform possibility. But now you DO have Mac versions of the game which are not on Steam (licensing crap, I know, but still), but when you see the low price it's for PC only.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
30 bucks on the MAS - I really can't get that nonsense...when Steam for Mac was announced, all they praised was the dual-platform possibility. But now you DO have Mac versions of the game which are not on Steam (licensing crap, I know, but still), but when you see the low price it's for PC only.

Steam has awesome sales. I've little doubt that they'd be willing to have Borderlands 1 for the Mac... it's really a publisher issue (as you stated) than a Steam issue.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Still $44.99 on the MAS, BUT I can put the game on both my Macs in the house for my son to play too. With the Steam version for two computer set ups it is $90 so the MAS version ends up cheaper if you have more than one machine to install it on.

sniffs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Still $44.99 on the MAS, BUT I can put the game on both my Macs in the house for my son to play too. With the Steam version for two computer set ups it is $90 so the MAS version ends up cheaper if you have more than one machine to install it on.

You can do the same with Steam. I have Steam installed on both my MBP and my MBA and both play the game, and both sync the save game to the Steam Cloud.. so I can be playing on my MBP at work, save and exit the game and then go home and play on my air and resume my saved game.. I dont believe the MAS offers that.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
You can do the same with Steam. I have Steam installed on both my MBP and my MBA and both play the game, and both sync the save game to the Steam Cloud.. so I can be playing on my MBP at work, save and exit the game and then go home and play on my air and resume my saved game.. I dont believe the MAS offers that.

I didn't know that but for me the issue is my son uses our other Mac so we would want separate game states and user accounts.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
It's $29.99!!!

Come on people! Show support for the dev of this GREAT game..

Then when you have it, let's play!

My Steam ID: sniffs

AND its currently cross platform with our new 1.3.1 patch release, so you can play with your PC buddies! We are following this up with Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC launch on Tuesday.

Thanks for all the support MacRumors! :apple:

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
AND its currently cross platform with our new 1.3.1 patch release, so you can play with your PC buddies! We are following this up with Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC launch on Tuesday.

Thanks for all the support MacRumors! :apple:

I am gonna ask this again here: aren't you supposed to have the Vendor tag on, Aspyr-Blair?

Fallenman

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
Just bought this on steam (which shows both the apple and pc logos...)
I'm in the habit of playing games through bootcamp as I usually get better performance. Anyone tried the mac version and can comment on how well it runs?

I have a rMBP.

allfunandgames

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2010
Auckland, New Zealand
Once you own it, there is a group on Steam for Mac players:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BordelandsMac
Useful for find co-op partners, and also announcements of Shift Codes (to unlock weapons and items).

(although now that Apsyr has released the update, cross-platform play of Steam works!!! Nice!)

Definitely recommend the game; Aspyr have done a top job in porting it, as it runs really well on my minimum-specs iMac.

:apple:

Towelie1288

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2012
Texas
great game
runs amazing on my imac late 2012 and i am totally hooked on it
steam is the best way to go for mac games

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.