Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:35 AM   #1
sniffs
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Borderlands 2 is 50% off on Steam!

It's $29.99!!!

Come on people! Show support for the dev of this GREAT game..

Then when you have it, let's play!

My Steam ID: sniffs
sniffs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:06 PM   #2
ugp
macrumors 65816
 
ugp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Inverness, Florida
Send a message via AIM to ugp Send a message via Yahoo to ugp Send a message via Skype™ to ugp
Very good deal on this. The 4 pack is $89 right now as well if some people wanted to get a group together to purchase.

Sadly I mainly play on Xbox or I would pick this up in a heart beat.
__________________
iPhone 5 16GB Black
2nd Gen 16GB iPad Mini
ugp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:56 PM   #3
50548
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Currently in Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
It's $29.99!!!

Come on people! Show support for the dev of this GREAT game..

Then when you have it, let's play!

My Steam ID: sniffs
Which one is better: BLands 1 or 2? It seems like the first game of the series is much cheaper.
50548 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:06 PM   #4
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus
 
SilentPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Bamboo Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLawyer View Post
Which one is better: BLands 1 or 2? It seems like the first game of the series is much cheaper.
Well the first game is older. If you haven't played either and don't have a friend to play BL2 with, I'd say get BL1 first. Get the GOTY version since it has all the DLC too. It's $7.49 at the moment.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901566/

I believe it's PC only though.
__________________
My 24 hour web cam! ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻
SilentPanda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Nermal
Moderator
 
Nermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Whakatane, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPanda View Post
I believe it's PC only though.
There's a Mac version on MAS, but not on Steam. I can't see the price since I've already bought it.
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:21 PM   #6
sniffs
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLawyer View Post
Which one is better: BLands 1 or 2? It seems like the first game of the series is much cheaper.
BL1 is great. I've double dipped on the game. I own it on my 360 and I paid for it on OnLive (I have max chars on both 360 and OnLive).

I couldn't pass on the $29.99 for BL2..
sniffs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:01 PM   #7
50548
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Currently in Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPanda View Post
Well the first game is older. If you haven't played either and don't have a friend to play BL2 with, I'd say get BL1 first. Get the GOTY version since it has all the DLC too. It's $7.49 at the moment.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901566/

I believe it's PC only though.
30 bucks on the MAS - I really can't get that nonsense...when Steam for Mac was announced, all they praised was the dual-platform possibility. But now you DO have Mac versions of the game which are not on Steam (licensing crap, I know, but still), but when you see the low price it's for PC only.
50548 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:06 PM   #8
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus
 
SilentPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Bamboo Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLawyer View Post
30 bucks on the MAS - I really can't get that nonsense...when Steam for Mac was announced, all they praised was the dual-platform possibility. But now you DO have Mac versions of the game which are not on Steam (licensing crap, I know, but still), but when you see the low price it's for PC only.
Steam has awesome sales. I've little doubt that they'd be willing to have Borderlands 1 for the Mac... it's really a publisher issue (as you stated) than a Steam issue.
__________________
My 24 hour web cam! ʕノᴥʔノ ︵ ┻━┻
SilentPanda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:09 PM   #9
marc11
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NY USA
Still $44.99 on the MAS, BUT I can put the game on both my Macs in the house for my son to play too. With the Steam version for two computer set ups it is $90 so the MAS version ends up cheaper if you have more than one machine to install it on.
__________________
Various Apple Products
marc11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:26 PM   #10
sniffs
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post
Still $44.99 on the MAS, BUT I can put the game on both my Macs in the house for my son to play too. With the Steam version for two computer set ups it is $90 so the MAS version ends up cheaper if you have more than one machine to install it on.
You can do the same with Steam. I have Steam installed on both my MBP and my MBA and both play the game, and both sync the save game to the Steam Cloud.. so I can be playing on my MBP at work, save and exit the game and then go home and play on my air and resume my saved game.. I dont believe the MAS offers that.
sniffs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:34 PM   #11
marc11
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NY USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
You can do the same with Steam. I have Steam installed on both my MBP and my MBA and both play the game, and both sync the save game to the Steam Cloud.. so I can be playing on my MBP at work, save and exit the game and then go home and play on my air and resume my saved game.. I dont believe the MAS offers that.
I didn't know that but for me the issue is my son uses our other Mac so we would want separate game states and user accounts.
__________________
Various Apple Products
marc11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 04:43 PM   #12
Aspyr-Blair
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austin Tx
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
It's $29.99!!!

Come on people! Show support for the dev of this GREAT game..

Then when you have it, let's play!

My Steam ID: sniffs
AND its currently cross platform with our new 1.3.1 patch release, so you can play with your PC buddies! We are following this up with Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC launch on Tuesday.

Thanks for all the support MacRumors!
Aspyr-Blair is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:52 PM   #13
50548
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Currently in Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspyr-Blair View Post
AND its currently cross platform with our new 1.3.1 patch release, so you can play with your PC buddies! We are following this up with Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC launch on Tuesday.

Thanks for all the support MacRumors!
I am gonna ask this again here: aren't you supposed to have the Vendor tag on, Aspyr-Blair?
50548 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:21 PM   #14
Fallenman
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Just bought this on steam (which shows both the apple and pc logos...)
I'm in the habit of playing games through bootcamp as I usually get better performance. Anyone tried the mac version and can comment on how well it runs?

I have a rMBP.
Fallenman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 08:25 PM   #15
allfunandgames
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Once you own it, there is a group on Steam for Mac players:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BordelandsMac
Useful for find co-op partners, and also announcements of Shift Codes (to unlock weapons and items).

(although now that Apsyr has released the update, cross-platform play of Steam works!!! Nice!)

Definitely recommend the game; Aspyr have done a top job in porting it, as it runs really well on my minimum-specs iMac.

__________________
24" iMac, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, ATI Radeon 2600
allfunandgames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:40 AM   #16
Towelie1288
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
great game
runs amazing on my imac late 2012 and i am totally hooked on it
steam is the best way to go for mac games
__________________
iMac 27" 3.4GHz i7, 8GB, 1TB Fusion, 680MX iPhone 5 32GB iPad 3rd generation 32GB Wi-Fi Tv 3rd generation iPod Classic 80GB Airport Express
Towelie1288 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Borderlands on Steam dragource Community Discussion 1 May 21, 2013 09:29 PM
OS X: Borderlands 2 is $13.59! *Steam* Warhawk15 Mac and PC Games 5 May 19, 2013 09:20 AM
10.8.3 crashing Steam Borderlands 2.. sniffs OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 5 May 9, 2013 11:42 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC