Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:03 PM   #1
GanChan
macrumors 6502

Problem switching to FTPS in Cyberduck

Since Yahoo is switching its webhosting service to 100% FTPS by Feb. 19th, I thought I'd go ahead and switch my Cyberduck uploading preference to FTPS now. But when I try to upload using this method, Cyberduck throws an "unrecognized certificate" error. (It will allow me to upload via FTP as usual.) Should I just proceed with the FTPS upload anyway the next time I see this message? Will Cyberduck recognize the certificate the next time I open and run it? Is this the sort of thing that requires, say, a computer re-boot?

Thanks!
GanChan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:17 PM   #2
r0k
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanChan View Post
Since Yahoo is switching its webhosting service to 100% FTPS by Feb. 19th, I thought I'd go ahead and switch my Cyberduck uploading preference to FTPS now. But when I try to upload using this method, Cyberduck throws an "unrecognized certificate" error. (It will allow me to upload via FTP as usual.) Should I just proceed with the FTPS upload anyway the next time I see this message? Will Cyberduck recognize the certificate the next time I open and run it? Is this the sort of thing that requires, say, a computer re-boot?

Thanks!
I find cyberduck to be a bit clunky. I would create a new profile and make sure ftps is the only thing configured for that profile, then delete the old ftp-based profile or at least never use it.
r0k is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store