Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
California
Hey guys. Just wanted to share some cool new skins from Sticker Boy. I know i've been bragging about them a lot. But I thought I'd share with you guys some pics of the new skins. They're apparently suppose to protect the shiny edges of the iPhone. It's just a 360 degrees side skin and it looks damn good!

I just ordered one set of Red Anti-Bacterial to go onto my White iPhone 5, and here's a Coupon Code I used ( tts2 )

Can't wait to get them! Will post my personal pics to you guys.

www. Sticker Boy . net (without the spaces. Not sure why i can't post the link to their site)

Attachments

• DSC_0085.jpg
    DSC_0085.jpg
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 664
  • DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 350

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
California
Already posted

I'm not sure what you mean it's already posted. But i checked there's none from Sticker Boy what so ever..

Anyways my chamfer side skins came. it's pretty amazing!

I do have a white iPhone 5 as you can see from the white/red combo.

But when I installed the Black skins. I wanted to give my iPhone 5 a nice color combo and changed it up with a smooth side skin, orange mid anti-bacterial skin, top/bottom black anti-bacterial, and a front slate jet black skin.

All from Sticker Boy.
Please post your color combo. would love to check it out!

Attachments

• IMG_2296.jpeg
    IMG_2296.jpeg
    911.1 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_2302.jpeg
    IMG_2302.jpeg
    863.6 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_2305.jpeg
    IMG_2305.jpeg
    999 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
California
Do you think these will easily become "unstuck"?

Nope. I don't see that happening with the side skins. Cause you have to add heat for the corners to latch on the phone. Since it's curved. You're gonna want to use a hair dryer and then press down on them to keep them "stuck"
After that it feels great on the hand. Much better than a naked iPhone 5. It feels rounder i should say?

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
Please post your color combo. would love to check it out!

Just dropped my order in, CF Black side wraps (extreme) since I already have the back with it's own CF skin. Just need it to match :)

Wish I did it sooner... I want them right now :p

Will post pictures once they arrive and I set them up.

Gonz19

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
Got mine as well yesterday and installed them. Feels great in hand and I too don't think the sides will peel up. Gives the phone a whole new look and you might even say it's the thinnest case out to date with the way it looks on the phone.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
California
Just dropped my order in, CF Black side wraps (extreme) since I already have the back with it's own CF skin. Just need it to match :)

Wish I did it sooner... I want them right now :p

Will post pictures once they arrive and I set them up.

Oh nice dude! Been eager to see what the CF will look like.

Got mine as well yesterday and installed them. Feels great in hand and I too don't think the sides will peel up. Gives the phone a whole new look and you might even say it's the thinnest case out to date with the way it looks on the phone.

Post a pic! Would love to see your color combo! I'm currently rocking a dark themed with orange accent in the back.

Just ordered mine in Slate metal with the chamfer, can't wait to get these! so i can really use any case i want :D

Oh sweet dude. I'm using Slate Jet Black for the front and blacks for the back top/bottom and sides. Post some pics would love to see it!

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
Yeah they're pretty fast when it comes to shipping. I got mine within two days! I'm actually thinking of picking up some new colors. I'm not sure which ones though!

Let us know how it goes. I read down the page about important facts:

maintenance required - reheat when you see the chamfer edge lift.

how long will the hold last? let us know! Thanks

vodavoda

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
The installation was really easy. Amazing how well they hold even at the corners. They are currently in my Sector 5 case and it makes it real tight within.

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
The installation was really easy. Amazing how well they hold even at the corners. They are currently in my Sector 5 case and it makes it real tight within.

I think the chamfer will hold if a case is on it :rolleyes:. I want to know how it will hold without a case in day to day use, how often you will have to reheat and stick the chamfer skin because under their site it specifically says "maintenance".

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
California
I think the chamfer will hold if a case is on it :rolleyes:. I want to know how it will hold without a case in day to day use, how often you will have to reheat and stick the chamfer skin because under their site it specifically says "maintenance".

I actually only had to do it twice.
When I first installed it. I heated the corners to lay em flat. Then a day later I was just being OCD i suppose, and re-heated them. So far for a few days now it's holding up pretty well! I've used a snap on case and a bumper case, when I took it off. Everything was still stuck on the iPhone which is good. The edges didn't peel what so ever.

I think as long as you take your time heating it and folding the edges to the phone you should be good.

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
I actually only had to do it twice.
When I first installed it. I heated the corners to lay em flat. Then a day later I was just being OCD i suppose, and re-heated them. So far for a few days now it's holding up pretty well! I've used a snap on case and a bumper case, when I took it off. Everything was still stuck on the iPhone which is good. The edges didn't peel what so ever.

I think as long as you take your time heating it and folding the edges to the phone you should be good.

Which snap on case did you use ?

Rhythmic-

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Looks great man. This would be a really nice combo with Twelve South's Surfacepad; the phone will essentially be fully covered.

How's it holding up? Have you rocked the phone naked? I'm wondering how long this thing can hold up from everyday use if it's fully exposed.

SoLongAndroid

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
I ordered something from sticker boy, it got sent fast until I realized it got delivered right back to them. Had to wait an extra week basically. Probably the worst run of luck with shipping ever.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
California
Which snap on case did you use ?

I used the Spigen Ultra Thin Air Snap case.

Looks great man. This would be a really nice combo with Twelve South's Surfacepad; the phone will essentially be fully covered.

How's it holding up? Have you rocked the phone naked? I'm wondering how long this thing can hold up from everyday use if it's fully exposed.

I actually used that combo. The Twelve South Surface Pad and this was a perfect combo. Until i had to send back the Surfacepad since it was faulty.

It's definitely a great combo. I may have to do a video on the surfacepad and this soon.

I ordered something from sticker boy, it got sent fast until I realized it got delivered right back to them. Had to wait an extra week basically. Probably the worst run of luck with shipping ever.

That's weird. Never happened to me. I've always received mine within 2 days. 3 days max. I do live in the east coast. So maybe that's why.

Delta438

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
I'm thinking about getting one of these skins for my phone. However, I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could answer.

1. Assuming I want to do a wet install so that there are no mistakes with alignment, what solution do I use? I've heard either glass cleaner or water with soap, and I'm not sure which is better.

2. Won't the liquid from the wet install damage the phone if it gets in? That one hole to the right of the camera looks really vulnerable.

Rhythmic-

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
I actually used that combo. The Twelve South Surface Pad and this was a perfect combo. Until i had to send back the Surfacepad since it was faulty.

It's definitely a great combo. I may have to do a video on the surfacepad and this soon.

Def. do that when you can, pls. I'd love to see a review.

OT question, but what kind of adhesive does the surface pad use btw? I read it's reusable a few times, but is it really only a few times, until the adhesive starts weakening?

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
I used the Spigen Ultra Thin Air Snap case.

That's weird. Never happened to me. I've always received mine within 2 days. 3 days max. I do live in the east coast. So maybe that's why.

Would you mind posting the picture of your phone with the spigen ultra thin?
also, are you using only the sides or full body install?

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
California
Would you mind posting the picture of your phone with the spigen ultra thin?
also, are you using only the sides or full body install?

Sure I'll see if i can do that tomorrow. I'm using Sticker boy all around. Back/Front/Sides

For the front I am using a GLAS.tR and the Sticker boy skins for the front works flawlessly with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.