Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 11, 2005, 11:46 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Why Computers Are Good For Schools

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Why Computers Are Good For Schools

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 11, 2005, 12:23 PM   #2
nagromme
macrumors G5

Encouraging creativity--both inside AND outside the curriculum--is one of the best reasons to give kids computers.

I stayed late to do creative stuff on the school computers, and I learned a LOT from that. Luckily I then got a computer at home--some kids didn't have that. But if we'd all had laptops, we'd all have had the chance to do that stuff.

Load the laptops with creative software (iLife is a great start) and don't let kids install games.

But maybe also let kids suggest anything they think should be added to the "allowed" list, and have a way for kids to install anything that's been newly approved. (Or at least, run that stuff off a server.) Then you can have some flexibility.
nagromme is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion