Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
This could be fun, photochop yourself, or another member. I figure anyone who's been dumb enough to post their pic is fair game :D

Since this is all in good fun, it's only fair you do something stupid to yourself before moving on to other people.

mr_muscle.jpg

edit: <engage brain> I suppose there may be some that would take offense to being photshoped, so please only do yourself, or ask the permission of the intended victim first :)

If there's anything anybody doesn't like, report it, and it will be deleted.

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
OK... here we go...

Me as Aragorn:

christorn.jpg

My bro-in-law (Frodo) and his (back then) best friend as hobbits:

alex_tim.jpg

One of my daughters as Frodo:

frodina.jpg

My bro-in-law again:

legalex1.jpg

We had a good laugh back then... :D

groovebuster

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
groovebuster said:
Hmmm... never heard of that guy... Should I?

I'm not sure how famous he is outside England, but he's an avant garde electronic musician how has worked with Philip Glass, David Bowie etc. He's probaly more famous for his slightly disturbing videos where he morphs his head onto other bodies like in the link above - hence the relevance to this thread

L

Lau

Kernow said:
That looks so much like Richard D James (Aphex Twin) - who also has a habit of doing photoshop jobs

That's exactly what I thought. The similarity is uncanny. Here's another couple of pictures of him.

Attachments

• c00399.jpg
    c00399.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 5,216
  • 8640_3.jpg
    8640_3.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4,886

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Lau said:
That's exactly what I thought. The similarity is uncanny. Here's another couple of pictures of him.

attachment.php
Guy looks a little like David Thewlis, film actor, from that angle and expression.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Lol, I love LOTR as much as the next person.

But I use the word NERD to describe those who like it. So what, I guess Im a nerd too.

And since when is sugar coated suger a bad thing?

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
I hate to throw a wrench in the flow of the thread, but I want to participate.

The question is, how? I have photoshop and I regularly use it in my photography class. However, I mostly do things like cleanup images, lighten and darken areas, etc.

I have no idea what kind of tools to use to do these sorts of image manipulations, does anyone have a good tutorial either here or on another website that could help get me started?

Thank you

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Brother Michael said:
nd of tools to use to do these sorts of image manipulations, does anyone have a good tutorial either here or on another website that could help get me started?

Thank you

This tut. doesn't deal with people, but it gives you a good idea what kind of tools and effects to use for realistic photo manipulation.

link: war pics can be faked

peace | neut

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.