Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Feb 9, 2013, 07:34 AM   #1
gomtu
macrumors newbie

Personal cloud drives, any good?

I'm considering getting a personal cloud drive, and looking at the WD drives. Supposedly you can watch your movies at home on your iPad anywhere, upload to your cloud, download from your cloud, and allow others to access it from anywhere. This sounds really great, but I've not talked to anyone who has one yet, or who has experience with it.

So, has anyone here tried the WD cloud drives? What has been your experience? Is it as good as it's billed to be?
gomtu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:32 AM   #2
trustever
macrumors 6502

My concerns with these services is that I don't trust their security so I will never put anything personal on them but if you limit your self to music and movies why not? They are generally cheaper than Icloud subscription fee..
trustever is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice