Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:43 PM   #1
martymar112
macrumors member

time capsule

I wanted to know if i could use Time Capsule to store all my movies, TV shows, and music so i could use it for apple TV. has anyone tried it or know of another wireless hard drive that would do the same thing. because what i was reading is that time capsule is just for backing up your computer. thanks for the help.

Mike
martymar112 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 01:02 PM   #2
bohbot16
macrumors 6502a

Yes you can do this, you just need to browse to the time capsule in finder so your Mac will see it then tell iTunes to use that as the location for your iTunes library. Your Mac will need to run iTunes to serve all of the files to the AppleTV over your network.
bohbot16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater