Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
I've seen very few calendar hacks here. I can't believe that they aren't more people clamoring for a week-at-a-glance widget with events and todos that you can put either in your lock screen or your notification center. Especially you people that like to have all of your world in one place at one time.

Calendar Pro only has a month view, and contains only dots if you have something scheduled on that day. What good is that?? You still have to go into your calendar to see what and when. You can buy apps like Week Calendar in the App Store which almost do what I want (no Todos or Tasks), but you have to launch the app when to want to see what you've got going on that week.

If anyone knows of something that can do what I'm looking for, PLEASE let me know. Or if there are any developers out there, PLEASE make this widget or add this capability to your existing app (looking at you, Calendar Pro).

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I've seen very few calendar hacks here. I can't believe that they aren't more people clamoring for a week-at-a-glance widget with events and todos that you can put either in your lock screen or your notification center. Especially you people that like to have all of your world in one place at one time.

Calendar Pro only has a month view, and contains only dots if you have something scheduled on that day. What good is that?? You still have to go into your calendar to see what and when. You can buy apps like Week Calendar in the App Store which almost do what I want (no Todos or Tasks), but you have to launch the app when to want to see what you've got going on that week.

If anyone knows of something that can do what I'm looking for, PLEASE let me know. Or if there are any developers out there, PLEASE make this widget or add this capability to your existing app (looking at you, Calendar Pro).

So, what you want is LockInfo 4 with its Infoshade. If you're on iOS 6 - you're **** out of luck. The closest I've come to it is making sure my notifications have a date and alarm time set, which makes them appear in NC (just as the calendar entries). Mix this with LockInfo 5 and you've got it on the lock screen as well, and you can opt for showing more than just the coming 48 hours' todos etc.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
So, what you want is LockInfo 4 with its Infoshade. If you're on iOS 6 - you're **** out of luck. The closest I've come to it is making sure my notifications have a date and alarm time set, which makes them appear in NC (just as the calendar entries). Mix this with LockInfo 5 and you've got it on the lock screen as well, and you can opt for showing more than just the coming 48 hours' todos etc.

Thanks for that info, and I'll give your setup a try. At least LockInfo 5's developer seems to be quite responsive to requests and complaints, so maybe I'll shoot him an email. I just find it hard to believe that no one else appears to want this function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.