Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CheeseCat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Hi,
I really messed up my phone. I heard ios 6 was unlocked so I decided to try it out on my phone, to my dismay gevey sim doesn't work with it. So then I tried downgrading back.
I tried using tinyumbrella and it didn't work. I then remembered I used redsnow, so I go to redsnow and try stitching using my blobs I saved using redsnow. I got the error blobs could not be verified. I went to common files/ Apple mobile data and copied all the files and put them in my redsnow folder with the blobs. I still get the blobs could not be verified. Please help!

----------

I really hate bumping so soon, but I really need help since my phone doesn't work anymore =:):)(

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Hi,
I really messed up my phone. I heard ios 6 was unlocked so I decided to try it out on my phone, to my dismay gevey sim doesn't work with it. So then I tried downgrading back.
I tried using tinyumbrella and it didn't work. I then remembered I used redsnow, so I go to redsnow and try stitching using my blobs I saved using redsnow. I got the error blobs could not be verified. I went to common files/ Apple mobile data and copied all the files and put them in my redsnow folder with the blobs. I still get the blobs could not be verified. Please help!

----------

I really hate bumping so soon, but I really need help since my phone doesn't work anymore =:):)(

You know it's a great help if you can post your iphone model and your baseband number.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Ahh, sorry. I am using iphone 4s ios 6.1 baseband 3.4

See, we would know the answer right away.

As Intell said, 4S is not able to downgrade.

Evasi0n is a tool to jailbreak NOT unlock. They are two different things. Remember to search before doing such thing in the future or else you will have an expensive iPod.

Get a carrier unlock from reputable site.

CheeseCat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
See, we would know the answer right away.

As Intell said, 4S is not able to downgrade.

Evasi0n is a tool to jailbreak NOT unlock. They are two different things. Remember to search before doing such thing in the future or else you will have an expensive iPod.

Get a carrier unlock from reputable site.
Okay. I will try to get a carrier unlock, I tried contact sprint and they said no. Are there any recommended ones?

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Okay. I will try to get a carrier unlock, I tried contact sprint and they said no. Are there any recommended ones?

Like i said, you need to search and read more before attempting anything.

Here's a good start (https://forums.macrumors.com/search/?searchid=32771624)

Edit: Isn't Sprint a CDMA phone? If so then it's only unlock for international use. Not possible to unlock. Someone needs to confirm this.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I'm so ****ed. Man this is the worst day.

You are out of luck bud.
Next time you wont make the mistake of updating a gevey unlocked iphone I guess.
Even if there was a way to downgrade (which there isnt) a 4S to 5.1.1 the baseband does not get downgraded. Just the firmware version. And the gevey depends on the baseband exploit to unlock.
So you're stuck with a useless Sprint 4S at the moment.
Sorry for the bad news.

CheeseCat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Ok. Thanks for the info everyone. I was a bit rush with this jailbreak update. Not going to say I accidentally updated. I did it without research and this was the price I pay.

As for now, I am trying to sell the iphone and maybe buy a new one. I also just bought a GPP for sprint for ios 6. I'm hoping this will work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.