Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 9, 2013, 07:13 PM   #1
rekhyt
macrumors 6502a

Multiple Apple IDs for apps for one iPad?

I am currently using a US Apple ID for downloading apps from the App Store. Can I use my UK Apple ID and install an app from the UK store for example?

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:16 AM   #2
temna
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekhyt View Post
I am currently using a US Apple ID for downloading apps from the App Store. Can I use my UK Apple ID and install an app from the UK store for example?

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you will only run into issues with media ( Match, Bookstore and iTunes). I switch between my US and Canadian app stores all the time. Course, I'm having all kinds of issues right now talking to Apple about making it easier to switch between accounts.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:56 PM   #3
charlituna
macrumors 604

You'll have to access to either a credit card or gift cards in the correct currency and I believe they have some weird security thing that you can't switch IDs on your device for like 60 days. Makes using multiple IDs a bit odd unless you have a computer to download everything.

And you might have to do some DNS/VPN tricks as well since they may be blocking by IP as part of their copyright permissions.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:06 PM   #4
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
You'll have to access to either a credit card or gift cards in the correct currency and I believe they have some weird security thing that you can't switch IDs on your device for like 60 days. Makes using multiple IDs a bit odd unless you have a computer to download everything.

And you might have to do some DNS/VPN tricks as well since they may be blocking by IP as part of their copyright permissions.
Wrong,they don't have such 60 days policy,I regularly keep switching between my Indian and Canadian IDs to make purchases which are specific to each countries App store.

You just need to have two IDs with credit cards associated from respective countries.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad