Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:06 AM   #1
jata1
macrumors newbie

Talking Time Capsule 7.6+ and SMB + Apple TV

Hi all,

I have seen that f/w 7.6.3 has been released for TC/AE but I still have this really annoying issue where my only solution is to use f/w 7.5.2.

My setup is ATV2 (6.1) with itunes library (video) on a 4th gen TC 2TB. I use a windows 7 pc as a server running itunes so SMB protocol is used.

The issue is that smb sharing from the TC does not work properly on any f/w version from 7.6+. Basically file transfers drop/stop/slow using 7.6+ and I can even get my TC to hang on wifi requiring a reboot of the TC. It's not good.

I have posted to apple feedback page for TC after every release of the 7.6 firmware. Apple have not done anything to address the issue.

Interestingly, the following thread best describes what I think is the cause.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116714&page=6

Do any of you have any thoughts about what else I can try to fix this or should I just stick with f/w 7.5.2.

Thanks in advance (please don't say 'buy a mac')
jata1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater