Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xaanaax

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
Chester
When I share an app from the App Store the keyboard is moved up in the portrait mode and the content box is moved left in landscape mode. I think it's because of evasi0n JB. Any way to fix it?

The apple weather app crashes at start, an app called The Vault as well.

I have reinstalled evasi0n and UIKit Tools (also removed app sync) from cydia, rebooted device a couple of times and still have those issues.

My specs:
iPhone 5 iOS 6.1 (restored via iTunes to 6.1 before JB with evasi0n)
Cydia 1.1.8
evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untether v 0.3-1
UIKit Tools 1.1.7

IMG_1257.PNG

IMG_1258.PNG

Last edited:

xaanaax

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
Chester
I think it was because of app sync... I did a full restore, then set up from backup and the issues were gone.
I used the evasi0n again after my apps were synced and everything works fine again:)

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
I've got this same issue too. And now that iOS 6.1.3 is out (and the signing window for iOS 6.1.2 is closed) we don't really have the option to "restore to fix it for awhile, until it inexplicably returns." That sucks.

So now I am uninstalling tweaks one-by-one to try and figure out the culprit, and nothing appears to be helping. My pet theory right now is that some popular tweak we install has some dependency installed along with it, and uninstalling via Cydia doesn't remove it; that dependency is left behind as cruft. And that's what's causing the issue.

I do hope we're able to definitively figure out what's causing it, because it sure is annoying, and then perhaps the developer responsible for the code behind it can fix it.

eNcrypTioN

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2009
This is exactly why I've thrown in the towel on jail breaking my devices... Every jailbreak I've ever used has made my device unstable and I don't have the time nor desire to troubleshoot things like this.

I hope you get the issue pegged down.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
This is exactly why I've thrown in the towel on jail breaking my devices... Every jailbreak I've ever used has made my device unstable and I don't have the time nor desire to troubleshoot things like this.

This does not make the device unstable; it just makes the keyboard in an odd placement. Although it would be nice if the issue has a solution that doesn't involve restoring

On the other hand, the jailbreak itself does not mess up the phone. The tweaks one installs is what messes up the phone. I have over 100 packages (including dependencies) installed and my device is completely stable. No random crashes, no nothing, functions like normal except with added functionality. You just need to be careful of what you install from cydia

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002

Meh. All things considered, this is a minor inconvenience (and a bit of a mystery,) that's all. It is far, far, FAR outweighed by the utility, enjoyment, and sheer functionality I gain from all of my other Cydia tweaks. If it weren't for the jailbreak, I know for sure I would feel constrained (and bored) by iOS by now... who knows, I might even be shopping for the next Galaxy S4.

That being said, I'm confident this issue will get addressed properly soon, and in the meantime I appreciate the well wishes.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
When I share an app from the App Store the keyboard is moved up in the portrait mode and the content box is moved left in landscape mode. I think it's because of evasi0n JB. Any way to fix it?

The apple weather app crashes at start, an app called The Vault as well.

I have reinstalled evasi0n and UIKit Tools (also removed app sync) from cydia, rebooted device a couple of times and still have those issues.

My specs:
iPhone 5 iOS 6.1 (restored via iTunes to 6.1 before JB with evasi0n)
Cydia 1.1.8
evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untether v 0.3-1
UIKit Tools 1.1.7

do you have appsync installed? That seems to be what causes the weather crashes

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
There is a Cydia download called "iOS 6 Weather App Fix" that took care of the Weather app crashing for me...

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
As far as the "centered keyboard" issue goes, I tried everything (removing all suspected tweaks) and nothing worked. Restoring (now that 6.1.3 is out and the signing window on 6.1.2 has closed) isn't an option and even if it were, I'd be concerned the issue would come back, since we don't know the cause.

In any case, I just managed to fix it.

Go to Cydia and install Flex (if you don't already have it, it's worth it. Powerful, extensive utility for tweaking ALL sorts of things.)

Go into Flex, and under Springboard, install "Fullscreen Apps (iPhone 5.)" Then be sure to tap the checkmark to enable it... and reboot.

Now test by going to Photos, sharing a picture via email... you'll see the keyboard is no longer positioned in the middle of the screen! Huzzah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.