Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
hi,

When i delete an app from itunes in my apps folder, shouldn't it auto delete off my iphone or ipad automatically next time i sync?

it doesnt and it believe it used to...

please help

(note: when i mean sync, i am wirelessly syncing, not with a cable)

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
No, when you sync, it backs it up again to your mac/pc. If you want removed from your iOS device, remove it on the device or uncheck the box in iTunes before you sync.

saladiro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2007
New York
No, when you sync, it backs it up again to your mac/pc. If you want removed from your iOS device, remove it on the device or uncheck the box in iTunes before you sync.

tks
..so i have to remove it twice, once to get off mac and second to get off iPhone?

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
tks
..so i have to remove it twice, once to get off mac and second to get off iPhone?

Not exactly. You should remove it from the iPhone first, and they remove it from the Mac/iTunes. Than it won't show up the next time you sync, and you don't have to sync right away if you don't want to.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
When I delete an app from iTunes, iTunes tells me that it is going to delete off all devices and I think it does do that. I don't wirelessly sync but do the USB connection to sync so that might make a difference.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
When I delete an app from iTunes, iTunes tells me that it is going to delete off all devices and I think it does do that. I don't wirelessly sync but do the USB connection to sync so that might make a difference.

I do the same. I go to iTunes, plug in the phone, go to "Apps" and click "Remove" from the relevant App to be deleted, click "Sync" and the relevant App will be removed from the phone.

This procedure leaves the App on iTunes, enabling it to be reinstalled, if required, at a later date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.