Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mick swagger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2013
Usually when I jailbreak my iPad I update it first and this causes me to lose all my "Jailbroken apps(stolen)",as well as my music since I have to restore it for seem reason and my music is not my iTunes. My question is, how can I avoid all of this? I noticed that even the apps I paid for from iTunes lose all of their data because for some weird reason the data is not saved within the back up of the app. So when I restore I loose all my game saves as well as the music I make in Beatmaker 2.

Am I doing something wrong here :confused: Help!

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Back up your iPad first in iTunes, jailbreak it, and then restore from the backup after it's jailbroken. This will NOT get rid of the jailbreak and will put your device back to the way it was before jailbreaking.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Usually when I jailbreak my iPad I update it first and this causes me to lose all my "Jailbroken apps(stolen)",as well as my music since I have to restore it for seem reason and my music is not my iTunes. My question is, how can I avoid all of this? I noticed that even the apps I paid for from iTunes lose all of their data because for some weird reason the data is not saved within the back up of the app. So when I restore I loose all my game saves as well as the music I make in Beatmaker 2.

Am I doing something wrong here :confused: Help!

I have found AppBackup to be the best and easiest way to save game saves. In fact, you can save every single app's data for which you've downloaded from the App Store. It will not work for Cydia. I have game saves from 3 years ago haha. The great thing is, you can keep all you games data over the years but now you don't have to install the app until you actually wanna play. For example, I like to play infinity blade 2. But that game is 1.4GB! So whenever I realize I am not playing it much, I'll back it up with AppBackup and then delete the game, this freeing up 1.4Gb of space on my phone. The only thing you gotta do is make sure to copy the folder from AppBackup to your computer for safe keeping. Then whenever you get the urge to play a game and pick up where you left off, just install the game, go into AppBackup and hit restore! BAM it's 100% exactly where you left off. Everything including settings is back to how it was.

Let me know if you want a link to step by step directions. I swear by AppBackup. Been using it forever and will never use anything else. AppBackup plus iCloud and restores are soooo easy, quick, and error free. Because of this system, I always DFU restore as new then put all my stuff back on my phone with iCloud and AppBackup.

Anyways, let me know if you want that link or more information. I know this process like the back of my hand.

Mick swagger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2013
Thanks, bumpy flatline, I will definitely try it out. That seems to be just what I am looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.