Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 6, 2013, 08:49 AM   #1
mrskb
macrumors member

Bluetooth ear buds for iPod Touch 5g

I've been reading reviews about BT earbuds for my iPod Touch. There are many options at many price points, and I'm feeling confused! I'm thinking I want earbuds...I would be using them mainly when walking. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
mrskb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:22 AM   #2
PinkyMacGodess
macrumors 68000

I thought that I wanted them too, and then I started reading the reviews of some of the, what I thought were, better brands and was rather quickly dissuaded from purchasing them. Most of the complaints turned on range of reception. One pair that I very much wanted supposedly, according to the reviews, couldn't pick up the signal if you had your touch in your pocket, or on a belt clip.

I got a pair of Polk UltraFit 3000 headphones and love them...

What I was looking at were these from Denon. They looked good, and rather well sized, but the reviews scared me away.

Last edited by PinkyMacGodess; Mar 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
PinkyMacGodess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2013, 01:15 PM   #3
mrskb
macrumors member

Exactly! So many mixed reviews! I'm willing to spend a little money, but not on something that doesn't work to my liking.
mrskb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2013, 02:03 PM   #4
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskb View Post
Exactly! So many mixed reviews! I'm willing to spend a little money, but not on something that doesn't work to my liking.
The XBA-BT75 from Sony look good. I tried them but never bought them though. Only 6 hour play time per charge but it comes with a recharge case that stores about 9 more hours or something like that.

Also heard the Jaybird Freedoms are nice. They are a bit smaller than the Sony ones and have equally short battery life.

I've seen a lot of people wearing the LG Tone headphones but I'm not sure how comfortable it is to wear a headset on your neck.

I personally own Sony's MDR-1RBT full sized headphones which sound awesome and have a 20 hour battery life. They're pricey though at $400 retail and not an earbud like you are looking for.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod