Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Is there a tweak to set a custom action to Undo?

The “Shake to undo” (Etch-a-Sketch style) feature of iOS is nice, but I’d like to be able to set another action for Undo instead of “Shake”.

Ideally, I’d like a keyboard mod where you hold down a key. Perhaps holding down the delete key could pop up an “Undo/Redo” menu, similar to how accented letters appear.

Or perhaps holding down Shift could turn the Space Bar into and Undo key, much like Delete Word lets Shift change the Delete key into Delete Word.

At the very least, an Activator action to call the Undo method would be nice.

Is anything like this possible?

Preed08

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2011
Is there a tweak to set a custom action to Undo?

The “Shake to undo” (Etch-a-Sketch style) feature of iOS is nice, but I’d like to be able to set another action for Undo instead of “Shake”.

Ideally, I’d like a keyboard mod where you hold down a key. Perhaps holding down the delete key could pop up an “Undo/Redo” menu, similar to how accented letters appear.

Or perhaps holding down Shift could turn the Space Bar into and Undo key, much like Delete Word lets Shift change the Delete key into Delete Word.

At the very least, an Activator action to call the Undo method would be nice.

Is anything like this possible?

this sounds quite useful, too bad there havent been any replies as I would like to know as well.

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Good to know I’m not the only one who wants this functionality.

Anyone know how hard it would be to create such a tweak?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.