Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Scott549
macrumors regular

Bizarre language problem on iPod Touch

I've got a 4th generation iPod Touch. I had a problem with no music showing up on the library. One of the suggested fixes I found was to change the language settings to a different language, and then back to English. I did that. I changed the language to French and then back to English. But now some of the apps, including e-mail, still display in French. I've got the language set to English but (1) when I swipe to the right from the main screen to get the search screen, the space bar is labeled "espace" and the return key is called "Rechercher." In mail, I also have an "espace" key and a "retour" key. Any idea how to get these back to English?

----------

Update -- I tried changing the language to German and back to English. The keyboards are still in French (with both the German and English settings).
Scott549 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:12 PM   #2
Nermal

You can set keyboards independently of the system language. I don't use iOS anymore so I can't give step-by-step instructions but look around the settings for the keyboard options and turn off the French one.
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:29 PM   #3
Scott549
macrumors regular

Thanks - that did it. In the keyboard settings it showed English, French and German. Strange that the overall language setting did not change the keyboard from French, but I deleted the French and German keyboards and now it's back to English.
Scott549 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2013, 02:08 PM   #4
Lacemaker427
macrumors member

Location: Small town; it sits on a postage stamp; gets rather messy when licked!
Perhaps this is the beginning of an epidemic!

Solved.

Last edited by Lacemaker427; Dec 13, 2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Lacemaker427 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch