Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1
here2rock
macrumors regular

Why they are no Apps for ATV3?

ATV3 was my purchase as a Media Player from Apple. The thing really disappoints me is that you can not buy or download any apps for it. A lot of the installed applications are very irrelevant to people in Australia. I love BBC iPlayer, ABC iView, SBS on demand and VEVO on my iDevices but I have no flexibility for the Apple TV. Sure I can Air Play it but it would be nice if Apple had it built into the device itself.
here2rock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:55 PM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by here2rock View Post
ATV3 was my purchase as a Media Player from Apple. The thing really disappoints me is that you can not buy or download any apps for it. A lot of the installed applications are very irrelevant to people in Australia. I love BBC iPlayer, ABC iView, SBS on demand and VEVO on my iDevices but I have no flexibility for the Apple TV. Sure I can Air Play it but it would be nice if Apple had it built into the device itself.
That's one of the major criticism's of the Apple TV. One that many users hope Apple addresses in future iOS and/or hardware updates.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:11 PM   #3
here2rock
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
That's one of the major criticism's of the Apple TV. One that many users hope Apple addresses in future iOS and/or hardware updates.
It seems that it will be very unlikely. It appears that Apple wants us to buy multiple iDevices. I don't think it will be all that difficult for Apple to upgrade the Apps capability with a simple software upgrade. At least they should throw in more local apps. I know Sony has done such upgrades on their PS3 via software upgrades. I guess they are worried that people will be buying and hiring less of their offerings on ATV.
here2rock is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater